Blue Stars Fan Network Video

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a drummer and this is one area I tend to overlook when watching a show, but these guys seem to be doing great for this early. For the drummers out there, how would you rate the difficulty of what they are playing?

It's definitely quite challenging stuff. I auditioned in January, and was back in Feb. and March, but sadly didn't get a spot afterall. By the time I was done, about 70% of the show music was finished. And it's all good writing(Brent wrote everything, but the drumbreak. But Aungst helped him with some of the other stuff I believe)

Wow! These old eyes could barely keep up with them. Is this the same drumline that barely came in 10th last year at finals? Really looking forward to seeing them in Stillwater next month!

If that was late May, I can't wait to see August.

I am not a drummer, but I'd like to say this:

I am extremely impressed with the Blue Stars as a corps and an organization. They really impressed me last year with their production and the immense progress they have shows in the last few years. In addition, I went to school with a member of the corps and he had an amazing and extremely positive experience in 2008, and is back for another round. The corps seems to have made all the right moves in the off-season, and for all these reasons, the Blue Stars will be one of the corps I root for and follow with great interest this summer.

Does anyone know the return rate for them from last season for both the hornline, percussion and guard? Just curious...

Does anyone know the return rate for them from last season for both the hornline, percussion and guard? Just curious...

I believe a l of the guard aged out...percussion though at least half the snares are vets and 3/4 tenors are, and I'd say hornline return rates were on par with anyone else in the top 6

I'm not a drummer and this is one area I tend to overlook when watching a show, but these guys seem to be doing great for this early. For the drummers out there, how would you rate the difficulty of what they are playing?

Pretty challenging I'd say. Especially for Tom's writing, it takes a pretty nice amount of chops and endurance.