Tme for an "educated" guess?

As my friends in other parts of the country give me reports on the corps they seen, I change my predictions.

1. Cadets- I saw the corps at camp. Lots of really good stuff. If you want narration you'll have to look somewhere else. Lots of content drill and music!

2. Cavaliers- They are always good. Will they compete for best in the Midwest or best in the world?

3. Devils- I think the Devils were onto something last year with the WGI show. It looks like they are moving away from that. Good! I just wish they would march more steps and play more notes.( My friend said BD is really good)

4. Phantom- They'll have great drums and brass but, can their show capture lightning in a bottle like Spartacus did?

5. Crown- How good will they be? Can they maintain their guard and brass scores? Are they truly an elite corps?

6. SCV- Every year I eagerly wait for the resurgence of the Vanguard. I write 6 but hope top 3. Feidler is going to take this corps to the top sometime soon.

7. Bluecoats- Maybe 4th place. They drum great, and they brass great. Can they guard and march great? Is it me or do the Bluecoats get dumped on a little in August?

8. Blue knights- I would love to see BK in the top 6. I love their style, I just wish they had more big Drum Corps moments built into their show. I hear they do!

9. Blue Stars- As good as last year. Hopefully a little more exciting. I hear they are.

10. Madison- I think 08 was the spark that starts the Madison flame and a climb up the ranks.

11. BAC- Because they always make finals. And they're good.

12. Glassmen- I've seen no reason to take them out of the top twelve.

13. Crossmen- I would love to see Crossmen make finals. They need to increase the difficulty in their show.

14. Colts- Their late start may hurt them. They need to tighten up their brass and drum scores.

15. Troopers- Troopes are going to push 12-15 I hear!

16. Spirit- Playing Kansas, Can it translate on the field?

17. Academy- As I said before, A show that matches the talent of the kids.

18. Pacific Crest- "El Corazon de la Gente: Alegria, Amor, y Fuerza" needs a cleaning staff

19. Jersey Surf- Surf may take their lumps their first year in World Class.

20. Pioneer- Last year Pio celebrated breaking 75.00. They will be better in 09.

21. Mandarin- If Mandarin ever got a full corps. Watch out!

22. Cascades . I think they will end up here

Edited by boxingfred

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Blue Devils (I am never a BD fan, but they are the most consistent and talented corp year after year)

2.Holy Name Cadets

3.Phantom Regiment

4.The Cavaliers (wonder whether the corp would pull out a non-conventional show).

5.Santa Clara Vanguard (they would take a better turn under Fiedler and Koester)

6.Carolina Crown (yea....)

7.Bluecoats

8.Blue Star (they would do great, but I find it interesting that many placed them above SCV and Bluecoasts)

9.Boston Crusaders

10.Blue Knights

11.Glassmen

12.Colts

13.Crossmen

14.Madison Scouts

15. Troopers

16.Spirit of JSU

17.The Academy

18.Mandarins

19.Pacific Crest

20.Jersey Surf

21.Pioneer

22.Cascades

Gosh, I hope the Madison Scouts can keep a close spread to theCrossmen and the Colts. I would hate to see them too far behind the 14 and down pack... Right? Oh well..

The Scouts may be able to obtain a 14th place finish for 2009 if they practice very hard.

xoxo

cheers!

Edited by Cop

After reading some of these and most are just the same blah blah based on previous performance and finish and not a real "prediction". No way to tell if someone has gotten better over the off season unless you've sen or heard them. But fun stuff nevertheless. FYI, one prediction based BAC falling out of the top twelve because their horn line was too small. They have 72 horns. So much for that unfounded rumor. But hey maybe you need 100 these days.

Another seer, predicted them falling out because they have a new Director. He's been with the corps several years and is in the second year in the Director position.

What they do have is a smokin show. Very different from their recent shows. Kicking DL, great brass show that they play well already. They have an emotional incentive after losing one of their most beloved volunteers over the winter. They should come out of the gate hot and I predict them to finish no less than 6th. They will be a crowd favorite no doubt in my mind. We'll see Friday in PA.

Gosh, I hope the Madison Scouts can keep a close spread to theCrossmen and the Colts. I would hate to see them too far behind the 14 and down pack... Right? Oh well..

The Scouts may be able to obtain a 14th place finish for 2009 if they practice very hard.

xoxo

cheers!

The poster put the Colts in 12th. Ergo, madison had to go up or down. The poster chose down. Scouts were behind Crossmen all of last season until the end, and it is therefore not that surprising that some people would pick the Crossmen to finish higher than the Scouts in 2009. Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean you need to give them crap.

Edited by soccerguy315

Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean you need to give them crap.

im sorry to inform you but this is drumcorpsplanet and thats all people do is give crap for people opinions but hey its a good laugh sometimes

After reading some of these and most are just the same blah blah based on previous performance and finish and not a real "prediction". No way to tell if someone has gotten better over the off season unless you've sen or heard them. But fun stuff nevertheless. FYI, one prediction based BAC falling out of the top twelve because their horn line was too small. They have 72 horns. So much for that unfounded rumor. But hey maybe you need 100 these days.

Another seer, predicted them falling out because they have a new Director. He's been with the corps several years and is in the second year in the Director position.

What they do have is a smokin show. Very different from their recent shows. Kicking DL, great brass show that they play well already. They have an emotional incentive after losing one of their most beloved volunteers over the winter. They should come out of the gate hot and I predict them to finish no less than 6th. They will be a crowd favorite no doubt in my mind. We'll see Friday in PA.

I take all predictions in jest. I mean lets be real... Not only have people not seen or heard most of the Corps they are predicting on, the Corps themselves don't even have the friggin' drill completed yet in many cases. For somebody, anybody to say a Corps..... any Corps..... will finish in ANY level of pecking order is of course silly. These " predictions " before we've even seen these Corps on the field is usually no more than a wish list for the most part. But it's a good way to pass the time before we actually see the Corps and has some momentary value for some sheets and giggles. If taken in that vein, it's all good.

Edited by BRASSO

is this really your "best guess" or is this what you want to see?

(edit- spelling and niceness :) )

Both. Like always, it's still near impossible to tell, but hey we're all killing time till Friday night right? Just out of curiosity and for the sake of debate, where do you think I'm off?

The poster put the Colts in 12th. Ergo, madison had to go up or down. The poster chose down. Scouts were behind Crossmen all of last season until the end, and it is therefore not that surprising that some people would pick the Crossmen to finish higher than the Scouts in 2009. Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean you need to give them crap.

I posted all truth.

I am hungry; therefore, I have a gut feeling that INT will take it all this year.

That is all.

For placements after that--which DCI will probably actually announce as "1st-through-whatever place" (since they're scared of INT's quick rise to the top), I'll wait until I see some scores. I may have only been with the activity for a decade, but I've heard rumors about people who have been interested before the internet was even invented.

Yikes!

I am hungry; therefore, I have a gut feeling that INT will take it all this year.

That is all.

For placements after that--which DCI will probably actually announce as "1st-through-whatever place" (since they're scared of INT's quick rise to the top), I'll wait until I see some scores. I may have only been with the activity for a decade, but I've heard rumors about people who have been interested before the internet was even invented.

Yikes!

Yeah and I heard their show is based loosely off the Oscar Meyer Weiner Song.... Still have a feeling people will tune them out or they will be the hotdog corps this year. One things for sure, they are definitely going to raise the most money!!!!

Wes P

BK '97 '98