Tme for an "educated" guess?

Since the other thread was locked, I'll post my revised predictions here too. I made a lot of changes from my initial predictions. It's still tough to call that 11-15 area for sure!

1. Holy Name Cadets - just a gut feeling

2. Blue Devils

3. Carolina Crown

4. Cavaliers

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Blue Stars

7. Bluecoats

8. Santa Clara Vanguard

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Knights

11. Madison Scouts

12. Colts

13. Crossmen

14. Spirit

15. Glassmen

16. Troopers

17. Academy

18. Pacific Crest

19. Jersey Surf

20. Pioneer

21. Mandarins

22. Cascades

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK final revision:

1) HN Cadets

2) Carolina Crown

3) Blue Devils

4) Cavaliers

5) Phantom

6) SCV

7) Blue Stars

8) Blue Coats

9) Madison

10)Colts

11)Boston

12)Blue Knights

13)Crossmen

14)Glassmen

15)Spirit

16)Academy

17)Troopers

And mine, based on CI (collective intelligence, not just competitive inertia)

1 Cadets

2 BD

3 Cavies

4 Phantom

5 Crown

6 SCV

7 Bluecoats

8 Blue Stars

9 BK

10 Madison

11 Boston

12 Glassmen

13 Crossmen

14 Spirit

15 Colts

16 Troopers

17 Academy

18 Surf

19 PC

20 Mandarins

21 Pio

22 Cascades

1. Cadets

2. Cavies

3. BD

4. Crown

5. PR

6. SCV

7. Bloo

8. BS

9. Madison

10. BAC

11. BK

12. Crossmen

13. Glassmen

14. Colts

15. Spirit

16. Troopers

17. Academy

18. Surf

19. Pio (THAT'S RIGHT, YOU HEARD ME)

20. PC

21. Mandarins

22. Cascades

Edited by megadrive

01- Santa Clara Vanguard- They've been stuck in the middle of the pack for a few years and they want to make it back to the top BAD! And if what i've been hearing is true this show is the vehicle to take them there. The return to the 99 unis is a powerful statement in and of itself! Scaled- back visual demand means a higher level of execution and with a guard that just came of a WGI championship, an improved brassline and possibly their strongest battery in years this corps shall not be denied! Even if they don't win, the 2009 Vanguard will be a corps to remember! Possible tie with Blue Devils

02- Blue Devils- This is an angry corps after a certain saturday night last August and they will be back with a vengeance and could very well take number 13. Like SCV and HNC taking a "New Old School" approach with a solid jazz book. The only thing that could possibly hold this corps back is their battery or visual program that would be edged out by an equally if not more agressive SCV or Cadets. Could Possibly jump or tie SCV in August.

03- Holy Name Cadets- Cadets, West Side Story, No Narration! Need I say more? In their 75th Anniversary this corps will be a fan favorite and a definite contender. A little worried about the demand of the Prologue production. The corps suffered visually last season and that could hurt them again this year. If they're clean, could take BD and SCV for the title.

04- Phantom Regiment- This corps will probably have the hardest job going into the season as I don't see The Red Violin being able to top Spartacus. Interested to see how the hornline sounds on the Jupiters and how the new unis move. They will probably take drums again this year. Phantom hasn't been one for repeats, but will easily make the top 4.

05- Cavaliers- This will be a very different show for them but i think i may enjoy it more than some of their recent offerings as i have not been impressed by their musical books the past couple of years. Visual will be sick as always, but they will have trouble adapting to the new style. Could possibly jump Phantom.

06- Carolina Crown- Crown will be very good again this year. Solid Brass and guard, but the top 6 will be very tough this year.

07- Bluecoats- Will have a solid showing again this year. May jump Crown.

08- Madison Scouts- POW! Will continue the climb and improve upon their placement and re-establish themselves as the dominant corps in Wisconsin. Relampago will be a hell of a show. Classic Madison with a Superhero twist!. Brass will be much better this year. 8th-15th is gonna be a bloodbath this year as it has the past few years and i'm really starting to enjoy it

09- Glassmen- Another corps looking to build on last year. This corps wants to get out of 11th place. trust me, i know, lol.

10- Blue Stars- Another great season for them but i think the show design seems a bit neutered compared to last year abd Glassmen and Madison will be very strong.

11- Blue Knights-Tough Top 10, this corps has their work cut out for them. GO MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12- Crossmen- This corps is hungry. Having not made finals since 2004 and getting edged out by Madison last year, this corps will definitely step up to the plate and will not be denied!

13- Boston Crusaders- It will be close between them and Crossmen but i think i'd give it to Crossmen. Like i said before, close competition for these spots.

14- Troopers- Will build on last season's success and improve their status. I hope for a return to finals in the near future.

15- Spirit- Their show designs seem to be getting weaker these past few years. I don;t see much of an improvement this year. Show concept seems more Open Class to me. I want this corps to prove me wrong.

16- Colts- Very close competition in the lower finalists and upper semifinalists.

17- Jersey Surf- Will have a strong showing their first year in World Class

18- Academy- Execution will be better than last year, but a younger corps may be the difference between thursday and friday

19- Pacific Crest- I'd say it's a toss up between them and Academy but they have some new blood to look out for with Surf joining the pack

20- Pioneer- I see Pio starting to step up their game, maybe a semis finish in the next year or two

21- Mandarins- will have an improved Pioneer corps to contend with

22- Cascades- Welcome back!!!!!!!!

Edited by RockEuph

Not that it's actually going to happen, but with the recent rule changes, is it possible to have more than two corps tie for first? A three-way tie?

Not that it's actually going to happen, but with the recent rule changes, is it possible to have more than two corps tie for first? A three-way tie?

unlikely, but curious as to what the protocol for that would be

I know it's been said a lot, but I feel it needs to be reiterated. EVERY corps is having a great season until June 20th.

On that note, Troopers... JK. But seriously. Simply for the fact that they're marching more than four weapons. And all improvement from last year aside, their show is much more modern than previous years. I didn't say they're doing better, I just said the music is more modern. No spaghetti western in it either. I want them to make top 12, but I really have no say in the matter.

I have a great deal of bias, and I haven't heard a lot from other corps. This is me just wanting to put another name in there that seems to be overlooked when talking about corps barely sneaking in to top 12. I also have a great deal of bias for Holy Name, and I believe they will win this year, but again, the fans don't decide who wins.

Maybe I'll just blackmail a judge...

...I'm kidding.

1. Holy Name

2. Phantom

3. Blue Devils

4. Cavaliers

5. Santa Clara

6. Crown

7. Bluecoats

8. Blue Stars

9. Boston

10. BK