16. Mandarins

17. Troopers

----------------

18. Pacific Crest

19. Academy

20. Jersey Surf

21. Cascades

22. Pioneer

Kinda jumbled everyone around eh? Well these are my predictions. I really think that the top 7 will be close from top to bottom, kindof like 2007 except a bit moreso,

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another (less happy) note. If SCV doesnt win this year it will be the first decade in the corps' history it hasnt won a ring.... :lol:

Oh they'll win.

1. Cadets

2. Blue Devils

3. Phantom

4. Crown

5. Cavaliers

6. Vanguard

7. Blue Knights

8. Bluecoats

9. Boston

10. Blue Stars

11. Glassmen

12. Crossmen

13. Scouts

14. Spirit

15. Colts

16. Troopers

17. Jersey Surf

18. The Academy

19. Pioneer

20. Pacific Crest

21. Mandarins

Admittedly biased... more of a semi-realistic wish-list.

I would love to see Crossmen AND Spirit back in finals, but I'll hype Crossmen 'til the end.

I predict that Crown will beat everyone at least once and have my favorite show of the season.

Can't wait to see Phantom's color guard under the "new" direction. Heard there's a lot of talent from auditions and that the color guard will be much much stronger than last year's. I'm also interested to see Bluecoats, Vanguard, and Crown after the switch-a-roo of caption heads and designers. Going to be a great season for drum corps! :lol:

1. SCV :lol:

2. Blue Devils

3. Cadets

4. Phantom Regiment

5. Cavaliers

6. Crown

7. Blue Knights

8. Bluecoats

9. Blue Stars

10. Scouts

11. Crossmen

12. Boston

13. Glassmen

14. Spirit

15. Colts

16. Troopers

17. Jersey Surf

18. The Academy

19. Pioneer

20. Mandarins

21. Pacific Crest

Anyone who doesn't have Blue Devils in the top 3 is just... confused.

1. Holy Name Cadets - They can't go wrong with WSS and I just have a gut feeling on this one.

2. Blue Devils - Setting up for a win in 2010.

3. Cavies - They will be unhappy with another third place finish but they will starting another build to first in 2011.

4. Phantom - After last year's level of emotions put them in first, they can't carry on what they did.

5. Crown - I'd love to see them higher, but I find it hard to believe they can push ahead of the others, they'll be back up soon though and will at some point during the year be in the top three (either San Antonio or Atlanta but will fall unfortunately). (I put them behind the same corps as before but I just moved Cadets into first.)

6. Bluecoats - They put another great show of the field that everyone will love (Madison much?) but so many corps ahead of them are just sooo good.

7. SCV - They could finish 6th but I don't see them ahead of Crown and up just yet. They will have their moments though but they can't keep it up consistently through out the whole season.

8. Blue Stars - The factory will push them into top 8 throughout the season.

9. Madison - Another finals move up but they'll be in the 12-10 range throughout the season.

10. Boston Crusaders - Femme Fetal will be a good show for them.

11. Blue Knights - Since they didn't put Knights in the show title, they'll fall a little.

12. Spirit - They're going to come out hot and simmer, then near Atlanta they're going to kick it up another knotch.

13. Colts - On their way up but can't put them above the others.

14. Crossmen

15. Glasmen - Falls down a little.

16. Academy -

17. Jersey Surf

----

These are my predictions from past history and trends with corps. I know people say it every year BUT this is getting harder and harder every single year. So many corps are near each other it's very hard to see an easy choice through out the whole Drum Corps (be it World Class / Open Class or even DCA). I also expect another .025 difference somewhere in the top 12 (hopefully it won't be between 3/4 or 12/13).

My own dream for finals. I've switched this up a bit from the last time I made predictions, but I really want to give credit to the corps that are trying something new. As much as I may end up loving Phantom and the Cadets this year, both seem to be pulling from their past to create their 2009 shows.:

1. Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils

3. Phantom Regiment

4. Crown - I'm actually about as excited for a crown show as I have been since 2006.

5. Cadets - Yeah, they'll probably place higher, but I'm punishing them here for a boring rep

6. Blue Knights - I did say this was my own dream, didn't I?

7. Bluecoats - I'm excited by the rep, now let's see how clean the staff can get them

8. Blue Stars - That's a lot of Blue

9. Santa Clara Vanguard - Like the Cadets, I'm punishing them a bit for a boring rep

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Glassmen - yes, 11th. :Þ

12. Colts - I like their rep the best out of the remaining contenders

---------

13. Crossmen

14. Madison Scouts

15. Troopers - C'mon it's the Troopers

16. Jersey Surf

17. Spirit

Okay, I might like any of those semifinalist shows, but seriously guys, you couldn't do better than this? Medea? Latin music? WSS? Kansas? Jersey Surf's use of Mozart is actually the most drum-corps-original rep of the bunch.

To be honest, when I heard about WSS, App Spring and Paganini I was dreading this year. Once I looked at the entire finals field, though, I now think it's going to be pretty interesting top to bottom. The corps that aren't blatantly retreading source music are actually all trying out something very new, which is pretty cool.

My own dream for finals. I've switched this up a bit from the last time I made predictions, but I really want to give credit to the corps that are trying something new. As much as I may end up loving Phantom and the Cadets this year, both seem to be pulling from their past to create their 2009 shows.:

1. Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils

3. Phantom Regiment

4. Crown - I'm actually about as excited for a crown show as I have been since 2006.

5. Cadets - Yeah, they'll probably place higher, but I'm punishing them here for a boring rep

6. Blue Knights - I did say this was my own dream, didn't I?

7. Bluecoats - I'm excited by the rep, now let's see how clean the staff can get them

8. Blue Stars - That's a lot of Blue

9. Santa Clara Vanguard - Like the Cadets, I'm punishing them a bit for a boring rep

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Glassmen - yes, 11th. :Þ

12. Colts - I like their rep the best out of the remaining contenders

---------

13. Crossmen

14. Madison Scouts

16. Jersey Surf

17. Spirit

Okay, I might like any of those semifinalist shows, but seriously guys, you couldn't do better than this? Medea? Latin music? WSS? Kansas? Jersey Surf's use of Mozart is actually the most drum-corps-original rep of the bunch.

To be honest, when I heard about WSS, App Spring and Paganini I was dreading this year. Once I looked at the entire finals field, though, I now think it's going to be pretty interesting top to bottom. The corps that aren't blatantly retreading source music are actually all trying out something very new, which is pretty cool.

I realize this is "your" dream, Matt, but...

You say at the beginning that you "really want to give credit to the corps that are trying something new," which I can certainly understand.

Then, you go on to put Cavaliers in first place, Blue Devils in second, Phantom in third and Crown if fourth. Can't particularly argue with any of that, either.

But if you look at their repertoires on corpsreps.com, you'll see that some of the music that the Cavies are performing was done by Glassmen in 2001 and Crown in 2003; that one of the Blue Devils' tunes, I've Got Rhythm, was done by six Div. 1 corps in the past (including twice by Blue Devils themselves) and another of their tunes, Happy Days are Here Again, was done by 1988 Blue Devils; that part of Phantom's show was done by Phantom in 1995; and that Crown's opener has been done in the past by Boston, Cavies and SCV, another of their selections, Church Windows, has been done by SCV and Cavies, and that Somewhere Over the Rainbow, of course, has been done by everyone and their brother, including Cavies, Sky Ryders, Madison and Crossmen over the years.

Then, you want to diss Spirit for doing the music of Kansas, dropping them down to 17th, saying, "seriously guys, you couldn't do better than this?" and inferring that they are "blatantly retreading source music."

?????????

Sorry, I'm just confused by that. Spirit is doing a rock-and-roll show, which they've never done before, playing source music that, again according to corpsreps.com, has NEVER been done by any Division 1 corps. If that doesn't personify "trying something new," I'm not sure what would.

You're welcome to your opinion, of course, and I'm really not trying to put down that opinion. It just seems like you seriously contradict yourself.

13. Crossmen

14. Madison Scouts

16. Jersey Surf

17. Spirit

This statement here shows exactly how little you know about what is going on with these corps rep.

Spirit is not doing a Kansas show... they are doing a a show based on going to a kansas concert. That opens things up quite a bit... I have heard that the musical book is very interesting from a umber of credible folks.

Troopers are doing a WSS show but the musical treatment is far different than other WSS shows (i.e there is very little Bernstein in it)... Hence the title Western Side Story...

Crossmen are doing some Medea, but if you have ever heard Guidry's stuff?.....his treatments are far from stock.

Finally, Surf's use of Mozart is so original that a drum corps from Arizona did it just last year....

1. BD

2. Crown

3. Phantom

4. Cadets

5. Cavies

6. Bluecoats

7. Blue Stars

8. SCV

9. Glassmen

10. Boston

11. BK

12. Madison