New Crown Recording!

Big thanks to Crown for being the first corps of the year to release a substantial portion of their show on the FN.

AMEN! :rolleyes:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks...That was some sweet notes. Very rich. Good to see a girl on snare.

Hey Octavarium, had a chance to check out "Black Clouds and Silver Linings" yet?

I LOVE the material, but thought the brass was overly bright (more of an arrangement issue than quality of play) and pitchy. I dunno I guess that for me Crown has become so good (best brass in the activity IMHO) that I was underwhelmed by this. My reaction was not, "WOW that is great for this time of the year." I'm thinking that they sound pretty good and have a chance to be as good as they have been the past couple of years.

You got all of that on a webcast? ooooookk?

You got all of that on a webcast? ooooookk?

I've listened to this thing quite a few times so far...

I disagree with the bright tone comment. There were some issue with some trumpets around 03:06 of the recording in Church Windows. There are a few blending issues here and there; possibly a timing issue in the trumpets a time or two around 1:43 during "Promise of Living". Nothing major and one can obviously tell that there is great technique used. It's only the beginning of the season. Crown sounds incredible. :rolleyes:

To bad the Red Pony bit isn't part of the judged show. I ALMOST like it as much as SCV '85. Great brass and drum sound. Still can't beat Yamaha snare sound.

Thanks...That was some sweet notes. Very rich. Good to see a girl on snare.

She's ridiculous good, and she has got a LOT of time left. If you watch some of the CrownCast vids, you can see that she's on center in a few of them. Her time will definitely come.

Oh, AND she's a Black Belt. LOL.

Edited by CrownLeadSop