• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone go???? Did it rain???? What Happened?????

We went, it rained for a bit but as they say the show did go on and it was a great show.. my hat is off to all corps that went on the field even with the muddy 40 to 40 zone and put on a great show.

To the Bridgemen and to George, Thank you for a great time again and opening the 2009 season with style...

We went, it rained for a bit but as they say the show did go on and it was a great show.. my hat is off to all corps that went on the field even with the muddy 40 to 40 zone and put on a great show.

To the Bridgemen and to George, Thank you for a great time again and opening the 2009 season with style...

"Wet Dream Part Deux":

GREAT SHOW!!! :tongue: Muchas Gracias to EVERYBODY that went on in the rain (I understand Hawthorne practiced in the monsoon all day!!!) and marched through that mud bath (Shades of the old "Wet Dream", 'Way Back When').

Good old Moe Knox there on the sidelines with his camera to record it all for posterity!!! :tongue:

Hats off and umbrellas UP to all!!! :tongue:

Elphaba

"Wet Dream Part Deux":

GREAT SHOW!!! :tongue: Muchas Gracias to EVERYBODY that went on in the rain (I understand Hawthorne practiced in the monsoon all day!!!) and marched through that mud bath (Shades of the old "Wet Dream", 'Way Back When').

Good old Moe Knox there on the sidelines with his camera to record it all for posterity!!! :tongue:

Hats off and umbrellas UP to all!!! :tongue:

Elphaba

WHERE WERE THEY FOR TAPS ???????

Last season it stormed big time, but not this time. After showers for approx and hour it sprinkled lightly here and there but nothing big. I sat with hat and sandwich and it was all good. The field was hard and muddy but it was not like the tarpits verison faced during the World Open in 75 by any means. It was wet, not that chilly, but not a storm to force you to duck for cover and head to the basement. Very glad they showed and stuck it out. They always put on a great show and are certainly fan favorites reaching back and covering many era's. Glad many stuck in out to the end it was fun playing at the end with those who stayed. :thumbup:

Good question!!! I noticed every corp's was represented but the cabs. Maybe they were tired from practicing all day in the rain just like some other corp's did also. Phillysoprano :thumbup::smile::beer:

Good question!!! I noticed every corp's was represented but the cabs. Maybe they were tired from practicing all day in the rain just like some other corp's did also. Phillysoprano :thumbup::smile::beer:

We never found out about it until 4:00 that afternoon. No one had their music with them and as we hadn't played it in over year, no one remembered it. That, and you're right, we were tired from practicing all day in the rain (at least I was).

We never found out about it until 4:00 that afternoon. No one had their music with them and as we hadn't played it in over year, no one remembered it. That, and you're right, we were tired from practicing all day in the rain (at least I was).

There were many who did not have music with them and only knew a bit of the piece. The whole idea was to get us all together and support Bayonne. We were all tired, but thats not what its all about. Drum Corps is a family. In my opinion,not supporting your fellow brothers and sisters of Drum Corps and just trying to impress the crowd is not what its all about. :thumbup:

Hey guys?

Whether you agreed with the way Hawthorne handled Taps or not, could you deal with that privately? No need to tarnish the memories of what turned out to be a great show, and what was a wonderful tribute to Mr. Morecraft with this squabbling.

Thanks!