Well I was standing on the track listen to SAC and thought the show flew by. It was great to hear all my favorites from back in the day ( like listening to my old Fleetwood's live)! The triple basses in Great Gates were a great addition. It's really cool that after all these years that the Sop line can recreate that unique "Golden Knight" sound of old ( and the low brass and mid-range are no slouches either).

RCC

( an old Blue Rocker, now Bridgemen)

To this I agree.

As in my PM to Mr Silver

Somebody in the stands took time to time the shows. They are the ones who said how long the show was.

I wouldn't care if the Sacs show was 3 hours long. If its entertaining, I'll listen to the whole thing.

I applaud and respect all forms of drum corps. Every person who participates works hard to put on the best possible performance.

I dont care if you are alumni, mini, top or the bottom of DCA or DCI. EVERY performer puts their all on the field. I did (and still do) and I appreciate all those who do so today.

It was a stupid joke. And as Dvid Letterman said last night, if you have to explain a joke, then its a bad joke. It was a bad joke. It was not meant to put BS down. I didn't say anything about the performance, just how long. I personally have great memories of sac from the late 60's to early seventies. I still have their 69 Nations performance in my ITunes at work. And it sounds just as good today as it did then.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went on last so I have no idea who did what. Heck I was so in a zone I barely know what it was we did. :worthy:

:thumbup:

Thanks for all the nice comments about our soprano line. It might interest some that 4 of our 10 lead sopranos ( there are always a few missing from time to time ) have been there since the very first practice in Jan 1991. Of the 10, 4 of them were soloists in the day and they all still can play those solos! Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Soloists in the day

John Giannullo St Andrew's Bridgemen

Kevin MacTaggart 27th Lancers

Frank Diliberto Sunrisers

Ed Hayward St Kevin's

Our junior corps, senior affiliation is as follows

1 Golden Knight-Boston Crusader

1 Golden Knight-Polish Falcon

2 St Andrews Bridgemen

1 St Kevin Emerald Knight

1 27th Lancers

1 -Sunriser

1 Golden Knight Blue Star

1 Skyliner

To Old Bones:

As to your comment about Blessed Sacrament's show being too long. I will pass your comment on to our show coordinator. All feedback is good and we take the good with the bad. And to tell you the truth, as soon as we were done playing I said to the guy next to me " man that was one song too many"

By the way do you have a name? And who you marched with? ( I am guessing Crossmen ) I like to stand behind what I post with my name and corps that I marched with. I feel IMHO that if I were to make ANY comment other then a positive one on a post in our beloved activity that I should have the integrity to stand behind it with my name.

Who said Sac was to long? RU you kidding I can listen to them as many songs as they want though Rain or Hail.

THANKS to all of the corps who performed and for those who came to the show!!!!

Another GREAT night in Bayonne! (okay excpet for the rain)

Also want to say THANK YOU to all of the corps who played TAPS at the end, in memory of Jerry Morecraft. Once again it showed the GREAT SPIRIT of drum corps!!!!!

Hype!

George

We never found out about it until 4:00 that afternoon. No one had their music with them and as we hadn't played it in over year, no one remembered it. That, and you're right, we were tired from practicing all day in the rain (at least I was).

I have never seen such disrespect from a drum corps as I did when I did not see the Caballeros take the field for Taps! I am sure that all of the drum corps were practicing all day in the rain. It is a shame that the Cabs would disrespect the Bridgemen like they did. It was a thoughtless, selfish decision that the Cabs made by not performing Taps with the other drum corps! Just a thought made by many people in the stands while we were watching the show!!!! :tongue::blink::blink:

P.S. It was, otherwise, a GREAT night in Bayonne - rain and all!!!

or...the Cabs decided not to do it so they wouldnt suck on the field, and that would have disrespected the Bridgemen

or...the Cabs decided not to do it so they wouldnt suck on the field, and that would have disrespected the Bridgemen

They could've spent 20-30 minutes reviewing it if they had any intention of playing Taps. It's also funny that Larry Kurchner who arranges and teaches the horn line didn't have them prepared to play it beings he wrote this piece for the Bridgemen and cabs to play in harrisburg last year. Phillysoprano :tongue::blink:

They could've spent 20-30 minutes reviewing it if they had any intention of playing Taps. It's also funny that Larry Kurchner who arranges and teaches the horn line didn't have them prepared to play it beings he wrote this piece for the Bridgemen and cabs to play in harrisburg last year. Phillysoprano :bigsmile::tongue:

The Reilly Raiders played Larry Kerchner's Taps when he was their instructor back in the late 90s. Since then I believe all particpating corps are invited to play it when it's being performed.