Hornline sizes this year

Hm, Cadets are always on the slow side of the increased hornline sizes in the last few years. When everyone started going to 72 in 2005, they stuck with the old standard 64/66 up to 2007. Last year and this year they're up to 72; but alas, the de facto standard seems to have become 80 horns(!).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides going all euphoniums and adding 4 mellos, yes it is.

Wow! All Euphs and no Baris. That last corps I remember that did that were the NY Skyliners back in the early 70's. Man they were freaking LOUD! Didn't think Wayne or Jack would go that route at BD though. Should be interesting.

Wow! All Euphs and no Baris. That last corps I remember that did that were the NY Skyliners back in the early 70's. Man they were freaking LOUD! Didn't think Wayne or Jack would go that route at BD though. Should be interesting.

Phantom Regiment has been doing this for a number of years and several corps in open class have done it ### well including Teal Sound the 2 years i marched there.

Hm, Cadets are always on the slow side of the increased hornline sizes in the last few years. When everyone started going to 72 in 2005, they stuck with the old standard 64/66 up to 2007. Last year and this year they're up to 72; but alas, the de facto standard seems to have become 80 horns(!).

but they produced them same sound with the smaller line

Phantom Regiment has been doing this for a number of years and several corps in open class have done it ### well including Teal Sound the 2 years i marched there.

Personally I like the concept, but I'm sure it will always have it's detractors.....you know....."upper baritone register" and all that.

So, that extrapolates to what - about 300 brass total? That should be something to see (and hear)!!! :worthy::worthy::thumbup:
No, the entire hornline is 72 tubas. The opener is Flight of the Bumblebee. :tongue: