Anna's-nap-less Night- DCI Annapolis 6/20

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmk, this is the fourth group I've seen now with a synth. I've seen BD, SCV, Colts, and Glassmen. BD and SCV used them like pianos, which I didn't mind. Colts and Glassmen used them like 80's rock bands, which sounds terrible on the field.

This commercial is what DCI wants corps to sound like!

I thought that too

I guess this goes back to the old saying, " JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD". Please tell me someone doesn't use a synth this summer? Please? Please tell me someone knows well enough not to ramp up the pit amps so high that you can't even hear a friggin drumline let alone brass solos. Please? Someone? Anyone?

The front line can clearly play well, wish the writing was better, and OMG please reconsider just about every synth part in your show. I thought the battery was quite dirty. Musically a real disappointment, show in general was a big YAWN. (except for when you're being assaulted by electronica.

Brass had a bigger impact in the opener in February. Got me really excited. Not sure what happened here, even considering the imbalanced audio we're getting over the webcast.