The Stillwater Saloon

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting--Blue Stars last in drums? I think people were expecting a lot more from them.

I was thinking the same thing. Especially with Aungst consulting and I think writing the battery book. Only time will tell, I guess.

Wow! Madison/Blue Stars/Spirit's music scores are really close. I was expecting Blue Stars to pull ahead...but it looks like the extra bass helped Spirit out :thumbup:

Yeah but wait I thought "Relampiago" was the super-hero with super powers--guess Spirit's bass is like kryptonite. :thumbup: Rock On Spirit!!!!

Very interesting--Blue Stars last in drums? I think people were expecting a lot more from them.

I'm not making much of these scores from any of these shows so far. I think some of them are wayyyyyyyyyyy off from where they will be in a few weeks. Interesting that Colts, Madison, and Spirit all had the exact same scores tonight. NO WAY BOSTON deserved a 70+ score their drill and show is the most unfinished of any of the corps I've seen and Glassmen aren't 3.5 points better than the colts. So lets just see how things look in a couple more weeks.

Edited by bmroth1

Me too.

I guess my outlook right now is "They have a really hard book in comparison to those around them, so it'll take a while to get clean...plus fatigue at the end of the show was a reported problem. Here's hoping they pull it off!"

POW!

As far as corps coming from 12 points off, consider the Scouts to be slotted in the middle tier. That sucks, but it is the current model for DCI. Personally, I'd love to see any of those so-called middle tier corps roar out over the course of the season and give the judges no reason to think of slotting ever again. In a perfect world...

Garry in Vegas

basically, it's still VERY early.

Yep. My read on this is basically "meh...first scores out of these two corps...whatever."

the small panel really affects scores a lot. i dont know if its the case this year, but i seem to remember the smaller panel being not so good for blue stars last year. they took off once they hit the full panel

the small panel really affects scores a lot. i dont know if its the case this year, but i seem to remember the smaller panel being not so good for blue stars last year. they took off once they hit the full panel

I don't think it was so much the larger panel as it was the fact they had room to grow in their show and with their theme having the capacity to become more fully developed with tweaks and better execution.

Percussion caption scores are interesting. Blue Stars and Spirit flipped over Scouts for the MUS and TECH sub captions.

So...does that mean that Blue Stars have the harder book but didn't execute well, while Spirit executed their easier book better in comparison to Blue Stars? (I seriously don't know what the MUS and TECH captions stand for)

I'm not making much of these scores from any of these shows so far. I think some of them are wayyyyyyyyyyy off from where they will be in a few weeks. Interesting that Colts, Madison, and Spirit all had the exact same scores tonight. NO WAY BOSTON deserved a 70+ score their drill and show is the most unfinished of any of the corps I've seen and Glassmen aren't 3.5 points better than the colts. So lets just see how things look in a couple more weeks.

did you watch the same webcast we watched?