Vanguard Show

Just saw a video of Vanguards uniform run through and simply put the show is not bueno.

First off the music isn't well arranged. There are a lot of awkward moments in the music where you only hear pit but it sounds either like they don't know their parts or it was just poorly arranged.

The drill, which IMO has been Vanguards forte since 06, looks like Weber gave back the duty to Myron without anybody knowing! There is nothing to this drill.

There's no theme to the show besides music and dancing I guess. Overall kind of dissappointed and not expecting much this year. Not sure whose idea it was to change from Clue but I think they might have made a wrong decision unless Clue was just horribly designed (which if it was anything like 07/08 then it'd be better designed than this).

I'm hoping that there are a TON of add ons as the season goes on because right now it just seems like it's lacking a lot. I hope Vanguard proves me wrong...... :rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the review!

Just saw a video of Vanguards uniform run through and simply put the show is not bueno.

First off the music isn't well arranged. There are a lot of awkward moments in the music where you only hear pit but it sounds either like they don't know their parts or it was just poorly arranged.

The drill, which IMO has been Vanguards forte since 06, looks like Weber gave back the duty to Myron without anybody knowing! There is nothing to this drill.

There's no theme to the show besides music and dancing I guess. Overall kind of dissappointed and not expecting much this year. Not sure whose idea it was to change from Clue but I think they might have made a wrong decision unless Clue was just horribly designed (which if it was anything like 07/08 then it'd be better designed than this).

I'm hoping that there are a TON of add ons as the season goes on because right now it just seems like it's lacking a lot. I hope Vanguard proves me wrong...... :rolleyes:

I think you should wait to see the show in person before making such harsh accusations?! It's not the best thing out there this season, but they're putting out a great show!

I really love the arrangement. It's the truest to the original I've heard from a corps, even going so far as to break up melodic lines between brass voices almost the same way they're broken up by analogous orchestral sections.

Very cool arrangement. We'll see how the judges reward it.

I really love the arrangement. It's the truest to the original I've heard from a corps, even going so far as to break up melodic lines between brass voices almost the same way they're broken up by analogous orchestral sections.

Very cool arrangement. We'll see how the judges reward it.

I know you are stating your opinion, and as a vet I think you have more insight then the rest of us, which is cool, but the other reviews that have been posted have been nothing but positive. If you look at a few of the reviews from last weekend, they will tell you that most people preferred the red team over the blue team, which is saying a lot. I'll be at the show tonight and let you know what I see.

Edited by Newseditor44

I know you are stating your opinion, which is cool, but the other reviews that have been posted have been nothing but positive. If you look at a few of the reviews from last weekend, they will tell you that most people preferred the red team over the blue team, which is saying a lot. I'll be at the show tonight and let you know what I see.

By the by, is this video in a public lace, such as the site we cannot speak of?

I'm sure all of the other reviews were from Vanguard fans. AZEuph is probably the first non-fan to review their show.

Ah...my bad. Guess they're really in trouble, then!