When will Crown pass the Cadets?

Anyone have a narrative on what Crown's show is about?

It's about the grass being greener on the other side. I don't know if that message can be conveyed from the field by simply dressing everyone in grass-colored stuff. I guess I'll just wait to see the show to see how they pull it off, if they do. I haven't been able to follow a Crown show in years.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I'm responding but,,, I was told at Annapolis by a DCI official person... " once the judges are told what to do, things will change" YES that's the quote!

I can't believe I'm responding but,,, I was told at Annapolis by a DCI official person... " once the judges are told what to do, things will change" YES that's the quote!

And what might the context of that statement be? What prompted this DCI official person to tell you that?

The program starts out with the brass goal to goal on the back side line. Opening strains of "Promise of Living".

It's suppose to be about a journey how we all stive to be better and perfect. Reaching out and going to extreams to accomplish what we think is better.. or in this case "greener".. As go to weird places and meet monsters and characters we then hear Somewhere Over the Rainbow and WSS Somewhere, it starts to reflect and take you back where you started and you realize it's not so bad where you were... aka Promise of Living back where we started.

Thats the nut shell version form Mr Coats.

D

The program starts out with the brass goal to goal on the back side line. Opening strains of "Promise of Living".

It's suppose to be about a journey how we all stive to be better and perfect. Reaching out and going to extreams to accomplish what we think is better.. or in this case "greener".. As go to weird places and meet monsters and characters we then hear Somewhere Over the Rainbow and WSS Somewhere, it starts to reflect and take you back where you started and you realize it's not so bad where you were... aka Promise of Living back where we started.

D

to excited to see this show!!!

D

Show concept sounds like a combination of Cadet shows from 05-08.

And Crown will pass Holy Name whenever Hop breaks out the mics.

I think Promise of living is the high point in the show. Too bad it is prior to the start of the judged show. I really like Crown but I'm just not diggin this show.

Edited by Wadep66

D

That sounds cool - I can dig it...

Will narration eventually be involved to tell such a story?

I think Promise of living is the high point in the show. Too bad it is prior to the start of the judged show. I really like Crown but I'm just not diggin this show.

The show just lacks something. I loved their show last year but this show does nothing for me. I had the best seats in the house at Chambersburg and pretty good seats in MD. The show looks like a big glob of green against a green field. They need to fix this and maybe what they are doing we be visual more appealing. The cadets show is non stop in your face drum corps. The show is incredible and you understand it perfectly without Naration! Thank you show designer!