as of June 24th, the surprise Corps so far is......

It's early..... way early, but the " surprise Corps " that seems to be doing better this year from where they finished last year seems to be:

The Cadets.

The Cadets finished up 5th last year, but if the season ended today, they would be in first or 2nd...

The Crossmen and a couple of other Corps have not competed yet, but right now the Corps are all pretty much locked into where they finished last year within a placement or two. I'm sure we'll have a ranking soon based upon scores ( as unscientific as it gets ), but the rankings are somewhat looking like this after the 23rd :

1)Cadets

2)BD

3)Cavs

4)Phantom

5)Crown

6)Bluecoats

7)SCV

8)Blue Stars

9)Blue Knights

10)Boston

11)Glassmen

12)Madison

13)Academy

14)Spirit

15)Troopers

16)Pacific Crest

17) Mandarins, Colts

I might be off a bit with a placement ranking or two, but right now the Corps are pretty much lined up where they were when the season finished last year. Much of this could change once we go from the 5 to 8 judge panel in a few weeks. I hope so anyway. I'd hate to see little to no movement in placements over last year among the 20 or so World Class Corps.

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

eh. or it just proves that scores the first part of the season tend to track in line with the finishing placements of last year.

eh. or it just proves that scores the first part of the season tend to track in line with the finishing placements of last year.

Yes, it does appear so.

Yup.

What you see above is going to change a lot.

i have my bets whos gonna rock the boat, but a lot to play out yet, including when we get the brass and cg scores in.

It's early..... way early, but the " surprise Corps " that seems to be doing better this year from where they finished last year seems to be:

The Cadets.

The Cadets finished up 5th last year, but if the season ended today, they would be in first or 2nd...

The Crossmen and a couple of other Corps have not competed yet, but right now the Corps are all pretty much locked into where they finished last year within a placement or two. I'm sure we'll have a ranking soon based upon scores ( as unscientific as it gets ), but the rankings are somewhat looking like this after the 23rd :

1)Cadets

2)BD

3)Cavs

4)Phantom

5)Crown

6)Bluecoats

7)SCV

8)Blue Stars

9)Blue Knights

10)Boston

11)Glassmen

12)Madison

13)Academy

14)Spirit

15)Troopers

16)Pacific Crest

17) Mandarins, Colts

I might be off a bit with a placement ranking or two, but right now the Corps are pretty much lined up where they were when the season finished last year. Much of this could change once we go from the 5 to 8 judge panel in a few weeks. I hope so anyway. I'd hate to see little to no movement in placements over last year among the 20 or so World Class Corps.

Academy 18th last year...13th this year. That's another surprise. Their score dropped .9 tonight though.

Academy 18th last year...13th this year. That's another surprise. Their score dropped .9 tonight though.

I wouldn't put much weight into Academy's ranking at this point.

If you check this site...

http://dciscores.com/world/?year=2008

you'll find that after their first competition, Academy were ranked 12th on the 6/28/08 ranking and the Scouts, who eventually came in 12th, were in 19th.

To me, the most interesting part of the competition is the jostling of rankings below seventh and not what goes on at the top. Much more movement in the rankings.

Can't wait until Crossmen and Surf are in the mix.

Not sure how a regular top 5 finisher having numbers that place them among the top 5 this year qualifies as a "surprise", but ok...

(I know you said "relative to last year", but most folks figured that last year and 2006 were the anomalous seasons, not the norm.)

Edited by mobrien