Encores Before Score Announcements

Encores Before Scores?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like encores played before score announcements?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

I don't think anybody did a poll on this. If anybody did, please PM me, and I'll shut this one down.

I was just wondering what people thought of the things with doing encores while the audience waits for scores to be announced. I love it.

Absolutely. Very smart idea. Emulate pro sports teams. When their telecasts are in commercial break, or between innings/periods, etc., many pro sports teams have something else going on, to keep people in the stadium entertained. Kill the dead time. Don't make people just sit there. In the past, except at finals, I've usually left at the end of the last show, and gone back home or to my hotel and gotten the scores there. With this arrangement, I'm more likely to stay until the scores have been announced.

I love it. A lot of people usually left after the scores were announced, therefore they didn't see the encore. This way they have to stay and see the encore if they want to hear the scores. A lot of people don't realize how awesome encore performances can be...

I like the format, but the two times I've seen encores, the PA announcer couldn't wait to get the corps off the field.

Both times Blue Stars, once in Mankato and once in Sioux Falls, right after the show was played at standstill, the announcer tried to bring the DMs onto the field. Both times, the corps managed to hold out to play the Gershwin piece that was prepared for encore, but couldn't hold out for the corps song in Mankato and didn't even try in Sioux Falls.

Maybe it was two isolated events, but it looks to me that previous pressure to have longer encores may be changed to having shorter encores. Perhaps more coordination between the show organizers and the corps needs to happen.

It really doesn't matter much to me. I'll sit through scores if a really good corps is going to do the encore, and would also leave before the encore if it was a corps that I didn't particularly care for that evening and find the scores online when I get home. So, it's pretty much a mute point. If people want to stay, they'll stay no matter how long them make them wait!

I like the idea, although the question becomes what happens when the last corps to go on is the same one to do the encore? They'll need a few minutes to recuperate and get their chops back.

If this keeps up, does this mean we'll technically know the outcome on Finals night before the scores are announced? :laughing:

I like the idea, although the question becomes what happens when the last corps to go on is the same one to do the encore? They'll need a few minutes to recuperate and get their chops back.

If this keeps up, does this mean we'll technically know the outcome on Finals night before the scores are announced? :laughing:

I'm sure they plan it so that the last corps is never the encorps.

I would assume on Finals night, since it is a full retreat and all, it will be the "old way."