Holy Name Cadets -- Cleveland

Good morning -- Cadets were up at 7:00 am preparing for the ride to Cleveland. The news is that we did not get the equipment truck repaired because of the broken axle. Thanks to the Grant Band we have a loaner until the Cadet equipment truck is repaired. Now all the kids have to do is transport everything over to the borrowed equipment truck. Not an easy task but has to be done. Cadet equipment truck will catch up to the corps some where around Thursday.

The Cadets had two great days of rehearsal here at Eastern Michigan University (EMU). Everything is really coming together and the added changes fit the program perfectly. You'll see on Monday night (you skeptics). You think the kids didn't hear about Crown beating Cavies the other night? They did. They don't read DCP while on tour, maybe that is something George has requested of them, but they do hear of some of the stuff that gets circulated on DCP. I was chatting with a few members last night after ensemble and the kids only concern about what they've been hearing of the cadets insertion of some vocal and sound effect is that they do not want to go through what they did last year. Some of you guys out there, and you know who you are, are just brutal with your opinions when it comes to the Cadets. After Monday night all this hoopla about the new changes will all go away. The Cadets are really good and have a good show that will be enjoyed by many, if not all.

The kids are excited about their day off in Cleveland, for that matter, so are the volunteers. We only have 169 miles to travel, spend the day in Cleveland and then onto Erie, New York. I can't wait for that show. I'm sure the buzz will now be Crown and Cadets and whether Crown can pass the Cadets. Only time will tell now. But if you really want my opinion because I've been here since we left Chambersburg....this could be a really special year for the Cadets. I'm glad I'm here to witness it.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Thanks for your continued updates and for making a space for positive Cadets discussions. Looking forward to the continued changes to the show as the staff tries different tweaks to make it the best possible vehicle for the kids to shine!

Thanks a lot for the post Irving. For all the negativity we see on this site about The Cadets, it's good to have post like these coming from you.

They ought to take some of the Cadets, those that want to, to a Indians game. I think they are in town tonight. Lots to do downtown with shopping, R&R Hall of Fame, museums, especially over near University Circle, and there is the Theater district, which is one of the largest of its kind in the country.

The Erie show is in Erie, Pennsylvania... not Erie, New York...just saying lol. I'm excited for it. I was going to mention that comment a week or whenever ago to you, but i decided i did not want to be too rude.

Probably just a typo...they travel from Erie, PA to Rome, NY this week. I can't imagine moving all of their stuff from their equipmant truck to another unfamiliar one. Being the one that takes care of the uniform fittings, I know that the truck was totally gutted and arranged differently for a much better traffic flow of getting their stuff off in a more organized way, so.....even if just for a short while, it will be a pain. However, I, being a devout Cadet alumni and fan, am eternally grateful to the Grant band for being so generous and helpful!

I really hope people take the vocal edits the same way I did. Yes it was a shock at first, but it set in real quickly. There isn't anything more than 10 seconds of clips. There is plenty of great horn playing to make up for the 10 measly seconds of it though, thats for sure.

Irving,

This is Anthony from DC. We went to see the Fan Favorites theater show a few years ago in Fairfax. Great to see you are volunteering for Cadets! I love their show this year, and reiterate what others are saying, that it is very refreshing to see positive posts and comments about their efforts.

Hope to see you at a show this year!

-- Anthony