Decatur Spigot.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's been pretty gusty today. I'm sure the guard members of the various corps were swearing under their breath in between rehearsal runs. I was at Gmen's run through and there were times the wind overpowered the horn sound. I was standing right behind the sound board so I was pretty close and still had problems hearing the brass at times.

Kevin I was there for the run through also. I was standing right by the small building. I was right by the small building for at least 2 hours. I must have been no more then 10 feet from you. I had a blue shirt, White Glassmen hat and sunglasses.

Dean

Excellent job on the National Anthem tonight. Husband/wife duet, sang in tune with one another and didn't change keys once.

Kevin I was there for the run through also. I was standing right by the small building. I was right by the small building for at least 2 hours. I must have been no more then 10 feet from you. I had a blue shirt, White Glassmen hat and sunglasses.

Dean

I was the guy playing on my iPhone all the time. :thumbup:

What the Crossmen performed last Thursday is just a skeleton of what the show is envisioned to be. I'm expecting a show that evolves and adds the required elements gradually during the season. Prediction, if you see the Crossmen several times, you'll never see exactly the same show unless maybe it's back to back nights.

In the short term, there are rumors that the ending of the show--not performed at all on Thursday--will be added tonight and the guard may get their uniforms. I'm really hoping both rumors are true.

I'm also looking forward to the Cavalier/Crown rematch like everyone else.

from the crossmen thread.

Spoke to my son right before they left for the show....says the guard won't have their uniforms, but will have the flag for the opener....bummer!

maybe tomorrow. they are on the way.

This show will develop ALL year till finals.

look for score jumps.

DRILL is finished but , theme and story line will continue to develop.

Can't WAIT...

GO BONES ....

Edited by THE ORIGINAL

Capital Regiment has entered the field and is now warming up.

The 2009 Capital Regiment program is entitled "The Storm" and consists of:

Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Hello by Evanescence

Chrono Cross by Chrono Cross

New Century Dawn by Gillingham, David

Looks like the new guard members Cap Reg picked up haven't learned the show yet. Still marching only 6 tonight.

I'm right in front of one of their speakers so all I hear is the synth. Horns are on side 2, too far away, although I know they're playing.