Perhaps this is fodder for a separate thread, but of course the numbers are adversely affecting Cru and Bush at this time.

Larger numbers did not help Cru at Rochester this past weekend.It actually hurt them.Their score went backwards.

Explain?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larger numbers did not help Cru at Rochester this past weekend.It actually hurt them.Their score went backwards.

Explain?

Explain scores???? I would have an easier time explaining Quantum Physics. One thing is for sure however....sticking your corps out there with perhaps 20% of your line with holes and getting your head handed to you for even one or two shows with this light of a schedule is not smart.....IF your goal is to WIN. And consider this....those kids in Reading...they don't have graduation, or proms, or whatever other excuse you can come up with, to miss perhaps 20% of the competetive season? Edited by VOReason

Explain?

Bridgeport 60.913 Rochester 64.9

Dont think so...

There is something strangely comforting about going to a show and seeing/hearing the Cabs crankin' out the Spanish tunes. All the more appreciated considering some of the corps we have lost over the years. Cabs are sort of like the Big Mac of senior corps....you bite in and it's pretty much the same every time! AND...you can't play Hava Nagila wearing a sombrero...

As usual I don't "chime in" to often but I feel I need to here for a little rant.

Drum corps is a weird thing to me. As I love the new stuff DCI puts out every year and I love just as much the old school balls to the wall in your face "G-bugle" stuff. But one thing I have noticed after a couple years with the cabs is that whenever we try something out of the normal caballero idium it just plain ol falls on deaf ears..... The "pyramid" show was just as weird for the members as it was for the people who paid good money to see us perform. It just doesn't work for the cabs! (And I was the poster boy for the 1993 uniform!)

On an average, people only get to see the cabs maybe once or twice a year! (thats a guess) and I don't know about you, but when I go to see a drum corps show I go to it because I want to feel that moment, or hear that corps I love, and yes to get my "face blown off!" (If I go to a Rush concert and they don't play YYZ I'd be ######) I wanna hear Hurcs play mag 7, cadets play rocky point, and Cabs RUMP their little ##### off. And as a former marching member of the cabs to ALL the people who feel the same way as the "same ol ####" haters, all I can tell you is if you ever marched in the Caballeros and felt what we feel after or during a performance of that "same ol stuff" your attitude will surely change. For most it will never happen and you will continue to "hate". But honestly? We don't care what ya think! If championships were awarded for standing ovations............ I would need a MUCH bigger jacket.

As usual I don't "chime in" to often but I feel I need to here for a little rant.

Drum corps is a weird thing to me. As I love the new stuff DCI puts out every year and I love just as much the old school balls to the wall in your face "G-bugle" stuff. But one thing I have noticed after a couple years with the cabs is that whenever we try something out of the normal caballero idium it just plain ol falls on deaf ears..... The "pyramid" show was just as weird for the members as it was for the people who paid good money to see us perform. It just doesn't work for the cabs! (And I was the poster boy for the 1993 uniform!)

On an average, people only get to see the cabs maybe once or twice a year! (thats a guess) and I don't know about you, but when I go to see a drum corps show I go to it because I want to feel that moment, or hear that corps I love, and yes to get my "face blown off!" (If I go to a Rush concert and they don't play YYZ I'd be ######) I wanna hear Hurcs play mag 7, cadets play rocky point, and Cabs RUMP their little ##### off. And as a former marching member of the cabs to ALL the people who feel the same way as the "same ol ####" haters, all I can tell you is if you ever marched in the Caballeros and felt what we feel after or during a performance of that "same ol stuff" your attitude will surely change. For most it will never happen and you will continue to "hate". But honestly? We don't care what ya think! If championships were awarded for standing ovations............ I would need a MUCH bigger jacket.

I was just gonna say that.......really.......

Cabs IS what Cabs DOES....... :worthy::smile:

Edited by melligene

Nice review(for me to poop on). j/k, there's that bias thing again. :worthy:

Now, was that really necessary?? :smile:

Sorry, but I WILL disagree with you.....

If you came out of "retirement" in 2004 with the Hurricanes after a 35 year absence, then you would know that the very next year....in 2005, The Caballeros tried to "step outside of the box" by playing an Egyptian Show titled, "Passage to the Pyramids". What happened? Only one of the worst final placement for the corps since 1969 (7th place), broke a 35 year streak of being in the top 6, and also broke a 21 year streak of scoring at least a 90.00 in Championships. So....your assessment of the Caballeros is "WAAAAAY outside the box". The Caballeros have an identity.....in case you haven't noticed it is SPANISH MUSIC. They have done this since 1946, as the director Jim Costello intended it to be, and by the way.....IT WORKS!!! Year after year, you KNOW what you are going to get with the Caballeros, and year after year, you KNOW they are going to be at least in the top 5, scoring at least a 90.00 or better. Go back and check the stats my friend....you just can't say that about many of today's DCA corps!!! HISTORY PROVES THIS!!!!

"Caballeros & Identity":

1946 until "Now". Unmistakeable appearance, the most well known, easily recognized uniform in the entire activity. :smile:

OLE!!! :worthy:

Elphaba :wall:

:worthy:

Now, was that really necessary?? :thumbup:

Brian,

You can dress him up...

(can't take him anywhere)...

already shook my head at him...

Wouldn't be surprised if he actually wasn't j/k either.

But who knows?

Edited by rayfallon

Well said, my little protoge!!!!! :thumbup: