Scouts Uniforms

I just saw the uniforms the Madison Scouts are fielding this year. Considering the image the Scouts have developed over the years - I just can't "get past" the uniforms. In marketing terms, this seems to run counter to their "branding." It reminds me of "New Coke." New Coke is what led to the reinstatement of "Coke Classic."

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw the uniforms the Madison Scouts are fielding this year. Considering the image the Scouts have developed over the years - I just can't "get past" the uniforms. In marketing terms, this seems to run counter to their "branding." It reminds me of "New Coke." New Coke is what led to the reinstatement of "Coke Classic."

Better go get a hot dog when Madison comes on, then. :thumbup:

Which uniform? The guard uniform? I'll even admit that one's going to take a little getting used to for me, too. But I have confidence there is a bigger intended "picture" that has yet to evolve onto the field with that guard uniform, so I'll just let it play out.

I just can't "get past" the fact that Blue Stars are in shakos now. (... here comes a lecture from someone to tell me that everything changes... it's not 1979 anymore... the activity has moved on... etc etc.) But that switch to me was akin to say Santa Clara changing to shakos... part of the established identity was lost. Or Blue Devils suddenly changing to an aussie. Or Coke changing to "New Coke." :tongue:

I like the current uniform. I doubt they'll change it now that it's almost July 1st.

Edited by GGarrett

Does anyone have a picture of said uniform?

I disagree 100%. I think the corps uniforms are extremely dapper.

The red cloaks were friggin awesome, and the superhero outfits are completely appropriate, considering this show is about a superhero, lol.

Seriously, I like the whole look a LOT.

because they were old, outdated, didn't fit the members, and ugly.

Yes, the Cadets uniforms are so outdated. I can't believe they still have them after...75 years...

Yes, the Cadets uniforms are so outdated. I can't believe they still have them after...75 years...

the difference between the cadets and Madison's uniforms is the fact that The Cadets uniforms actually look good.