Holy Name Cadets -- Rome, NY

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when you start off implying that the celebration of their 75 anniversary (something which happens once in a lifetime and is only going on for less than 3 months) is becoming "annoying", it does sound pretty negative. But that's my opinion.

Well, considering that 'less than 3 months' is the entire competitive season, that's not saying much. And yes, by definition, a 75th anniversary happens not only once in a lifetime, but once in an eternity...just like a 50th anniversary, a 60th anniversary, a 25th anniversary, etc etc etc.

Honestly, if polite critiques of a show are too negative for you, why don't you just go read dci.org, where ONLY comments about how wonderful every corps is are allowed.

Well, considering that 'less than 3 months' is the entire competitive season, that's not saying much. And yes, by definition, a 75th anniversary happens not only once in a lifetime, but once in an eternity...just like a 50th anniversary, a 60th anniversary, a 25th anniversary, etc etc etc.

Honestly, if polite critiques of a show are too negative for you, why don't you just go read dci.org, where ONLY comments about how wonderful every corps is are allowed.

LET IT DIE! really the arguement was over, and excuse a guy for having pride in his corps, really i respect him for sticking up for them

SO!?!?!?

There. I got the last word.

lol, since when is saying clean up what you're doing and worry less about all the publicity a negative thing!? I could have bashed on "they're using voice again" or "....another electronic failure, blar blar" but really negative?! I don't think so.

..oh and never said don't celebrate, but wtf with all the silly antics to try and win over an extra .5 here and there. Just be the bada#@ Cadets you know how to be and leave the 75th gimmicks for the lot.

You're posts are a tad ridiculous. It's literally maybe 25 seconds of the show they show a little tribute to the corps' 75 years of history in their 75th SHOW! its not more silly than corps forming symbols in their own show that really (according to you) have nothing to do with their shows. Examples...Phantom and the chevron (06 comes to mind), Crown in most years they form a Crown picture (i guess 'triple crown' would make sense though and I thought it was well included). I would understand your argument (kind of) if they were just using WSS music but making the theme of the whole show about the history of the corps. But they don't what so ever. its a WSS show thats a little different from you're ordinary WSS show, that happens to have a slight tribute to the history of THE OLDEST CORPS THAT IS STILL AROUND. To me its very classy and a nice touch before they fly to the end of the show.

Back on Topic ... so Irving! Sorry I missed you at Ypsi. I wanted to have a few words with you and thank you for keeping us all informed while on the road busting your butt. I spoke with Moe for a bit but he wasn't sure if you were around.

Most importantly, How is the Taco Salad this year?

((grin))....besides the peanut butter & jelly; the Taco Salad is always a bit hit! I look forward to seeing you some where on the road.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

We're still on this? I thought we ended it.