The OFFICIAL Carolina Crown thread

By the way, what was drum corps like before the 16 member contra/tuba line?

LOL

First, there was Star 92...then Crown 2008...and now this season there are at least 3 corps fielding 16 tubas, Crown, Bluecoats and Cavaliers. Are there any others?

Phantom is also marching 16 tubas

Edited by shawn craig

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, as someone else put it, in higher education I expect my students to use terminology the correct way...all the time.

What do you teach?

Words mean what we use them to mean and understand them to mean. And this coming from someone studying linguistics at an Ivy League University...

What do you teach?

Words mean what we use them to mean and understand them to mean. And this coming from someone studying linguistics at an Ivy League University...

He's already apologized.

Let it go, man.

P.S. I never understand people who are quick to point out their Ivy League education in order to make a point. It reeks of elitism.

Edited by Threats

Anyway, apologies to all for taking this good topic off course a bit. Wasn't my intention but I was in a weird mood last night.

Happens to the best of people. Weird moods are my stock in trade. :worthy:

No harm, no foul, friend.

Dear CCrown,

I finally sat down with my FanNetwork and watched your show entirely on Hi-Cam at the Normal Illinois competition.

Just wanted to let you know...

I get your show.

One of my favorite things to see is when a group creates something out of nothing and makes it work as well as your show does for me. "The grass is always greener..." is somewhat of a vague theme, but rather than tell me what I'm supposed to think...you show me something and let me think for myself ($1 to all my English Teachers). Great film-creators, song-writers, and story-tellers always follow this method (and when they don't, you get Michael Bay movies). It's great to see what happens when drum corps do this, though I wish it happened more frequently.

I honestly wouldn't mind this show winning if it stays the way it is right now. (and considering how I've felt about this corps since 06, that's a heck of a statement :worthy: )

Good luck!

P.S. the Annapolis camera shots really don't do any shows justice, even that early in the season.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

Dear CCrown,

I finally sat down with my FanNetwork and watched your show entirely on Hi-Cam at the Normal Illinois competition.

Just wanted to let you know...

I get your show.

One of my favorite things to see is when a group creates something out of nothing and makes it work as well as your show does for me. "The grass is always greener..." is somewhat of a vague theme, but rather than tell me what I'm supposed to think...you show me something and let me think for myself ($1 to all my English Teachers). Great film-creators, song-writers, and story-tellers always follow this method (and when they don't, you get Michael Bay movies). It's great to see what happens when drum corps do this, though I wish it happened more frequently.

I honestly wouldn't mind this show winning if it stays the way it is right now. (and considering how I've felt about this corps since 06, that's a heck of a statement :worthy: )

Good luck!

P.S. the Annapolis camera shots really don't do any shows justice, even that early in the season.

You mean drum corps can now use pyrotechnics on the field now!!!! Now that would be exciting!!!

For those of you concerned about the ending, I think we can all recognize that the show has changed drastically from the beginning of the season compared to the end of the season the last few years. I listened to the Beverly, MA performance via my boyfriend's mom's cell phone tonight and there are so many changes even from spring training! And this is just music wise. My guess is Crown doesn't want to show their hand too early and is going to wow us with something spectacular for the end of the show by August. The last set isn't a crown right now, so that is sure to change, right?

I am so proud of what they are doing this year! I don't think anyone can call last year a fluke anymore. So many great shows this year from all the corps. Indy is certainly going to be fantastic.