The OFFICIAL Carolina Crown thread

I love the show up until the final 3 minutes or so. For some reason the final part of the show just doesn't grab me (yet). Hornline is smoking with that amazing sound they have been building on the last few years. They are just getting better and better. And percussion wise they seem way ahead of last year. Drill design is also a big step up. Now I've only seen the video and I know the show will be much different live of course. But to those who have seen them live, is the pit really that loud?? At first I thought it was my sound system, but it wasn't like that for anyone else. The pit was just WAY too loud for my taste. Thanks and I wish Crown the best of luck!

I agree with just about everything you said. IMO the ending they have now is pretty nice, but can be better. I would imagine they might have some revisions planned? Anyone know if there are any changes in the works for the ending? As far as the pit is concerned, I would think they're still working on the balance between them and the rest of the corps, and should be just right come August (if not sooner).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official needs to be stopped with a lot of threads on this forum.

No.

There is nothing official about it

Yes, there is, it is the official thread in which to talk about Carolina Crown this season.

and ten more threads like this will appear before next week

No, they won't, because they'll be closed because this thread already exists.

So which one is really official?

This one.

Which one is really sponsored by Crown?

None of them.

Sometimes you amaze me. Just don't get it, probably never will.

This is NOT the official thread of anything. Period! Get over yourself and this topic. It is a simple thread about Carolina Crown. No more, no less. To say that no other threads will have conversation about Crown is ridiculous, and to think that posters throughout the entire summer will only post their "Official" thoughts about Crown to this thread is mind numbing.

If you need to start a thread, just start a thread. If it catches on, cool. If not, get over it. Don't try to label it something that it is not and flood DCP with all this official this and official that. It is completely unnecessary. Something becomes official when it is given the seal or approval of a higher power, usually one that holds the patent, rights, or authority to designate "official" status.

I guess this is what little kids do these days. They just do not understand terminology anymore.

I think I will design some t-shirts, put Cadets logos on them, and sell them at the next DCI show I attend. In addition I will post a sign stating that this is an "official" Cadets souvie site and that the t-shirts are "official" Cadets products. Of course, they are not, but I will pretend. What the heck...nothing wrong with that. :biggrin:

Edited by jwillis35

This is NOT the official thread of anything. Period! Get over yourself and this topic. It is a simple thread about Carolina Crown. No more, no less. To say that no other threads will have conversation about Crown is ridiculous, and to think that posters throughout the entire summer will only post their "Official" thoughts about Crown to this thread is mind numbing.

If you need to start a thread, just start a thread. If it catches on, cool. If not, get over it. Don't try to label it something that it is not and flood DCP with all this official this and official that. It is completely unnecessary. Something becomes official when it is given the seal or approval of a higher power, usually one that holds the patent, rights, or authority to designate "official" status.

I guess this is what little kids do these days. They just do not understand terminology anymore.

I think I will design some t-shirts, put Cadets logos on them, and sell them at the next DCI show I attend. In addition I will post a sign stating that this is an "official" Cadets souvie site and that the t-shirts are "official" Cadets products. Of course, they are not, but I will pretend. What the heck...nothing wrong with that. :biggrin:

somebody needs to call the waaahmbulance

wahmbulance-736464.jpg

somebody needs to call the waaahmbulance

wahmbulance-736464.jpg

Good Call...I was just going to drive on by anyway, but you got there before me!

Will you stop being so officious?

It's not "official" in the sense that it is sponsored by the corps itself. It's official in that it is the main thread to discuss Carolina Crown. Go ahead and make a "Crown Discussion Topic" and see how long that will stay before getting closed, because there is already and official Crown thread, and it's this one.

I don't get it?

Edited by Hrothgar15

I am officially bored by this thread which sucks since im a CC supporter and parent.

I think Crown's show is dandy.

Tacos.