What were the best kept secrets in drum corps history?

Now do not embellish the Muchachos over age number... it was two people.

No ... They got bagged for one, and had a goodly number more they didn't get hit for.

Most eastern corps had ringers bitd ... The cleanup that started with the Mucs, Crossmen and Bridgemen ended that era of practices.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, in the championship performance by the Oakland-Etobicoke (spelling?) Raiders in 1976, there is this kind of "airy sound" (very distinctive) in the drum solo. I never could figure out what it was or find anyone that knew. :thumbup:

OK, in the championship performance by the Oakland-Etobicoke (spelling?) Crusaders in 1976, there is this kind of "airy sound" (very distinctive) in the drum solo. I never could figure out what it was or find anyone that knew. :thumbup:

You mean where it sounds like they were rubbing their thumbs on the drumheads?

I would say that one of the best kept secrets is the identity of Bones, the mysterious figure who shows up at key Crossmen performances.

I agree. I marched there for years and know several staff, no one has every even given a clue who is behind the mask.

Other very well kept secrets are the few that still manage to march over age, sometimes only they know.

Another typical summertime secret is keeping the tour girl/boyfreind from the one at home, especially when the home town honey shows up at a show...... :thumbup:

I would say that one of the best kept secrets is the identity of Bones, the mysterious figure who shows up at key Crossmen performances.
In a serious response, I think the best kept secret that is still actually a secret (which is why its not the SCV bottle dance) is the identity of Bones.

It is different people on Crossmen's staff.

I've heard Hop has even done it before.