Possible open battery positions

A broken pelvis is caused by not allowing the knee to do it's normal job. If you never flex the knee you're asking other parts of the lower body and spine to absorb the shock. If you're not in peek physical condition from the start, you run the risk of injury every single day until you ARE in peek physical condition. Hip flexors must be tight as a rope from marching that style.

I think the only thing that could prevent wear and tear injury is by having a 6 week boot camp for physical conditioning before drill is even learned ...... and that's never going to happen. More than anything, it's on the members to be ready by move in. If their not, and they get hurt, it's on them.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they are much more public about it! Crown last year had 6 holes in the trumpet section for a few shows. SIX, that's six too many! two have stress fractures in their feet (I was one of those two) one had a fractured pelvis...yes pelvis and some more leg type injuries. It sucked sooo badly sitting on the sidelines for the couple weeks I was injured. But we fought through it, and ended the season with a bang, don't you think?

Yep, must be the publicity.

A broken pelvis is caused by not allowing the knee to do it's normal job. If you never flex the knee you're asking other parts of the lower body and spine to absorb the shock. If you're not in peek physical condition from the start, you run the risk of injury every single day until you ARE in peek physical condition. Hip flexors must be tight as a rope from marching that style.

I think the only thing that could prevent wear and tear injury is by having a 6 week boot camp for physical conditioning before drill is even learned ...... and that's never going to happen. More than anything, it's on the members to be ready by move in. If their not, and they get hurt, it's on them.

YEAH, she's a very small person. Why she was asked to be on Bus loading crew at Troop, I have no idea. None the less, she's doing well today, just bummed she's not marching this season!

Crown last year had 6 holes in the trumpet section for a few shows. SIX, that's six too many! two have stress fractures in their feet (I was one of those two)

My kid was the other stress fracture in the Crown trumpet section last year. Never really healed and he didn't start this year because he didn't know if he'd make it through the season. There is no such thing as a refund if you can't make it through the season....

Luckily, he jumped in two weeks ago to fill a hole so he'll get to age out afterall. He started with Matt Harloff at Avon HS and with Crown staying at Avon for finals week it will come full circle for him August 4-8.

There were at least five holes for Crown in Annapolis and I know of a kid with shingles and another with mono that have had to miss shows recently. Injury and illness is everywhere...

Crown last year had 6 holes in the trumpet section for a few shows. SIX, that's six too many! two have stress fractures in their feet (I was one of those two)

My kid was the other stress fracture in the Crown trumpet section last year. Never really healed and he didn't start this year because he didn't know if he'd make it through the season. There is no such thing as a refund if you can't make it through the season....

Luckily, he jumped in two weeks ago to fill a hole so he'll get to age out afterall. He started with Matt Harloff at Avon HS and with Crown staying at Avon for finals week it will come full circle for him August 4-8.

There were at least five holes for Crown in Annapolis and I know of a kid with shingles and another with mono that have had to miss shows recently. Injury and illness is everywhere...

Yeah, Tell Jordan I say hey! How is his foot doing??

That was sooo terrible when he went down, and within the week, my foot was fractured too! UGH