West Coast Inflation Theory

We have extraordinary corps performing their hearts out across the country, probably sleeping now, getting ready to make the next show and we (DCP) have blockheads doing their utmost to take away the accomplishments of these corps from Georgia to Colorado. It makes me sick! :tongue: If you can't find something good to say about these corps then shut up, suit up, and see if you can keep up!

Quite the overreaction ...and why do you have an apostrophe in your logo?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we talking about WCI, when the corps are performing in Denver??? I guess San Antonio is west coast too. :tongue:

this is a fundamental misunderstanding of the WCI theory. WCI has nothng to do with where the show is performed, other than that it tends to happen on the west coast tour group. However, for all purposes, any show that is done by mostly the west coast 'group' that toured up and down the west coast and then moved east, is subject to this phenomenon, according to the theory.

/toolateatnightforthis

We have extraordinary corps performing their hearts out across the country, probably sleeping now, getting ready to make the next show and we (DCP) have blockheads doing their utmost to take away the accomplishments of these corps from Georgia to Colorado. It makes me sick! :tongue: If you can't find something good to say about these corps then shut up, suit up, and see if you can keep up!

1. Find one negative thing I've said about a corps in all my posts.

2. How did I take away the accomplishments of "these corps from Georgia to Colorado?

3. Read a few pages of the topic before hand to better understand where people are coming from.

4. I don't believe in WCI.

5. Even if I did, what does it matter?

6. I did suit up and kept up.

7. Have a nice day!

Edited by Feathers Up

6. I did suit up and kept up.

7. Have a nice day!

Nice avatar!

auldman86a.jpg

:tongue: UH, OK. Well hmmm. Anyway, after that I'm not sure what a DISCUSSION forum is for anymore. Hmmm. I'll have to cogitate. (now my head hurts lol). Same ? though. Why do you have an apostrophe in your logo ?

Edited by Perry S

:tongue: UH, OK. Well hmmm. Anyway, after that I'm not sure what a DISCUSSION forum is for anymore. Hmmm. I'll have to cogitate. (now my head hurts lol). Same ? though. Why do you have an apostrophe in your logo ?

The apostrophe is used (on a limited bases) to assist in marking plurals. Not that it matters….call it “West Coast Punctuation”. :tongue: And I like it....OK?

Not nearly as relevant as posters that continue to establish their own standards and assume judges are conspiring for "reasons" that are yet to be articulated. The reply to my "suit up" comment indicates that some posters have actually marched and it bewilders me how they can justify telling active members of corps (having been one themself) that what the judges have indicated is NOT CORRECT. Although they (active corps members) may hear the scores following their performance, by some bizarre standard foisted on DCP these scores are inflated and therefore their performance is not as good as indicated by the professional judges. Hurtful, meaningless and coming from someone who has marched...it's mystifying. To me, it's nothing more than a "disappointed" fan (and we've all been there) attempting to sooth their disappointment by creating a new standard that callously and overtly diminishes the efforts of these performers. The scores are what they are...leave them alone.

Not that it makes the slightest difference to world affairs, it's actually not an apostrophe, but an open/left single-quote mark. An apostrophe would more resemble a close/right single-quote mark. :tongue:

Yes, I know...I'll fix it! :tongue:

thank you

Edited by Plan9

The apostrophe is used (on a limited bases) to assist in marking plurals. Not that it matters….call it “West Coast Punctuation”. :tongue: And I like it....OK?

Not nearly as relevant as posters that continue to establish their own standards and assume judges are conspiring for "reasons" that are yet to be articulated. The reply to my "suit up" comment indicates that some posters have actually marched and it bewilders me how they can justify telling active members of corps (having been one themself) that what the judges have indicated is NOT CORRECT. Although they (active corps members) may hear the scores following their performance, by some bizarre standard foisted on DCP these scores are inflated and therefore their performance is not as good as indicated by the professional judges. Hurtful, meaningless and coming from someone who has marched...it's mystifying. To me, it's nothing more than a "disappointed" fan (and we've all been there) attempting to sooth their disappointment by creating a new standard that callously and overtly diminishes the efforts of these performers. The scores are what they are...leave them alone.

Maybe so. I'm not sure why this strikes such a nerve with you. Scores are just numbers. Numbers are constantly analyzed. None of these people are saying "West Coast Corps aren't as good as East Coast Corps," or "I hate the Blue Devils' show this year." All they are saying is that scores might be weighted a little bit differently across the country.