Habanero Hot In Houston

The CC and HNC BBQ and baked beans buffet was the best food of the summer! It's good to see they still do that. It means a lot to the marchers.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry double post...as if the first one wasn't offensive enough...I apologize!

Edited by xtripleplayer77

Visually, their shows seems much more Peter Pan that any other storyline, especially the guard unis. Maybe even Jack and the Beanstalk. I like it better than anything else I've seen this year so far.

I like Cadets too, but it is not nearly as good as '94. Not by a long shot.

The story arc is wizard of oz -- the show isnt literally about oz (although everything WAS green in the emerald city...hmmmm) main character is swept away by a storm to a strange new world but in the end realizes there's no place like home. the show title relates to this in that "far away places seem better at a distance but when you get there you realize that where its not really better than where you were." i will agree the relationship between the show title and the story line is clever but not immediately obvious.

Yes, it happens every year with all of the corps that march in the Massachusetts parade. I forget the name of the town though. Is it Wakefield or something like that?

Yes it is Wakefield - HNC, Cavies, and Colts had an ice Cream Sundae night after the show they were all in - can't remember which one

Patrick Duncan

Spirit of JSU '03-'05

The Cadets '06-'08

Rookie of the Year 2006

Distinguished Service 2007

Cadet of the Year 2008

For Holy Name Shall Always Be

:worthy::biggrin::worthy::tongue:

Hey, Patrick after all those years of marching and with such success do you mind me asking how this season is for you not being on the field?

Honestly, I've missed the people the most. I finally got to see Cadets at rehearsal the other day and though I do miss marching a lot, I honestly felt blessed just to be able to sit in front of them and witness what was going on on the field. I felt like I was watching drum corps for the first time. I just kept laughing and smiling the whole time. It was amazing!

Yes, it happens every year with all of the corps that march in the Massachusetts parade. I forget the name of the town though. Is it Wakefield or something like that?

Yep, Wakefield...Our families are from Mass and Rhode Island, our son (Contra player for Cadets) was born in RI

I've never in my life puked green...now if you want to talk about snot....

Sorry Crown, I'm having a tough time with the snot strings, asparagus, stringy spinach, whatever you want to call them. What are those things supposed to represent anyway? I don't have a problem with the plumes, or the color green, or the peter pan guard outfits, but the green strings have me perplexed.

Blades of grass, it's not rocket science......the grass is always greener.... :biggrin: