Habanero Hot In Houston

Maybe the point is to irritate a little. Get under your skin. It may not be comfortable but it is memorable. Lots of talking about it. Granted mostly negative. :biggrin: I don't know, I'm just a parent paying the bills.

Please, don't get your panties in a bunch...I am asking as a designer a simple question. Did you understand and like the green strings, guard uniforms, etc. at first glance. It's not rocket science...just a question. Please don't accuse me attempting to get under your skin.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything's possible. I have to believe though that the staff knows what needs to be done. While the murmurings of the kids being drained physically and emotionally is worrisome, I have a feeling Regiment will pull it together for at least a top 5 finish. They certainly know how to work their way up at the end of the season.

I hope they are able to pull things together. I just know that once the mentality of the corps begins to slip, it's pretty tough to get yourself motivated to get back on track. Honestly, I think it's up to the vets to step it up now and push everyone to keep going everyday, regardless of the outcome at night.

A lot of attention for Blue Stars, and rightfully so, but I've only seen one comment on Boston so far. That's a great score for them, and puts them right there on the same level with Blue Stars and Phantom for this weekend!

Oh ####.... what did I do?

If it is illegal, I don't know about it.

don't know what thread it was, but someone blasted all of us who use abbreviated names for corps, like Regiment, HNC, CC, BAC, etc. Pretty much posted all of the PROPER LEGAL NAMES and told us to "get it right."

neither, just too green, and too much of it on the uniforms, as if they thought people wouldn't get it without the grass, tinkerbell green, etc. Sometimes as a designer, you need to know when to stop....this is the reason for my curiosity. I would not have gone so far with the in your face green theme. Especially the strings.

Actually, I think the green detracts from the overall theme. It is rather a red herring, so to speak. You don't need it to convey the idea of searching for something better, and then coming back home. Instead, it causes some confusion, and puts too much focus on the color in the show title, rather than the meaning of the phrase. What it reminds me of is what happens when you run with your first idea, rather than sleeping on it for a bit:

First Design Meeting:

Designer 1: "HEY, since the title is The Grass is Always Greener, let's make EVERYTHING green!"

Designer 2: "I love it! I love it! GENIUS!"

A week later...

Designer 1: "You know, I thought about this green business some more, and maybe that's just too much. Not enough contrast."

Designer 2: "Agreed. Let's go in a different direction."

Except they never had the second meeting... :biggrin:

For the record, I really didn't like it when Phantom did an all black and white Miró-inspired show in '94. Same problem - not enough variety. Different colors help to set mood and emotion, and if you eliminate them, you lose a lot of impact.

Just got a text from a Regiment member that said they had a great show tonight!

That's good to hear and I'm glad Phantom Regiment feels good about how they performed tonite

Congratulations to the Blue Stars whom the judges also thought performed well tonite.