VOD up from DATR

I know it would be too much to ask, but it would be great if they would re-edit the camera for the VOD.

I know it would be too much to ask, but it would be great if they would re-edit the camera for the VOD.

In the past, VOD's were always in just high-cam format. I really wish they still were.... It is neat getting to see the show streaming live with multi-cam, but for really getting to know them later, I would much, much prefer high-cam only. Oh, well.

In the past, VOD's were always in just high-cam format. I really wish they still were.... It is neat getting to see the show streaming live with multi-cam, but for really getting to know them later, I would much, much prefer high-cam only. Oh, well.

I couldn't agree more..High Cam is where it's at and should most definitely be for VOD. Lets hope someone takes notice and replaces it with Highcam video

Is anyone else experiencing problems watching the Bluecoats? The video plays a few seconds and then stops. Looks like the video is loading - it just won't play for me.

I've got that problem too.

Just watched the DATR VODs, as well as the Cadets and Crown from the South Carolina show.

First off -- I think all of the top corps' have exciting, more accessible shows that last year. Lots of melody, lots of musicality, and creative visuals.

Second -- I read a lot of negative commentary on the DATR thread last night about how horrible and "weak" BD's brass sounded. First, having seen BD live twice, I figured it had something to do with the audio quality of the webcast. Then I watched the VOD. I'm sorry -- but BD's brass does NOT sound tired, nor weak. Rich sound, powerful, nice dynamic control and that middle voice is really coming through. And I also have to say, they are moving and playing a lot. Combine that with what I think is the best visual package thus far (not just guard ... the drill, the body movements across the corps, etc), and I do think BD is the corps to beat -- more so than last year, as I think there's still a good deal of room for this show to both grow, and to clean -- particularly in the closer. Brass did lose some steam in the closer. The irony -- this board always slammed BD's "simple" drills in the past. (vs fast moving, folding and unfolding lines in rapid succession, which I still see a lot of this year with Cadets in particular) In the past couple of seasons, it is now their musicality and brass quality. BD is winning now because of their visual book, and the music performance is catching up. Percussion is a lot strong than last year. Add it all up, and I'd put my money on Blue for finals.

Third -- Of all of the other contenders that I believe could win (Cadets, Crown, Cavies, SCV), IMHO the Cadets have the best shot. I haven't been a fan, particularly in the past 5 years or so, but this WSS show is outstanding. Pretty dirty still, but WOW -- they've managed to take a classic book and give it new punch. Drill isn't terribly new or innovative -- like I said before -- folding and unfolding lines in rapid succession -- but their music book is probably a notch above BD's. Not in performance .. yet ... but it is very, very well written. I predict a similar BD/Phantom showdown come finals week, except it will be BD/Cadets. I think BD may have a better outcome this year -- but it will be a squeaker.

Just watched the DATR VODs, as well as the Cadets and Crown from the South Carolina show.

First off -- I think all of the top corps' have exciting, more accessible shows that last year. Lots of melody, lots of musicality, and creative visuals.

Second -- I read a lot of negative commentary on the DATR thread last night about how horrible and "weak" BD's brass sounded. First, having seen BD live twice, I figured it had something to do with the audio quality of the webcast. Then I watched the VOD. I'm sorry -- but BD's brass does NOT sound tired, nor weak. Rich sound, powerful, nice dynamic control and that middle voice is really coming through. And I also have to say, they are moving and playing a lot. Combine that with what I think is the best visual package thus far (not just guard ... the drill, the body movements across the corps, etc), and I do think BD is the corps to beat -- more so than last year, as I think there's still a good deal of room for this show to both grow, and to clean -- particularly in the closer. Brass did lose some steam in the closer. The irony -- this board always slammed BD's "simple" drills in the past. (vs fast moving, folding and unfolding lines in rapid succession, which I still see a lot of this year with Cadets in particular) In the past couple of seasons, it is now their musicality and brass quality. BD is winning now because of their visual book, and the music performance is catching up. Percussion is a lot strong than last year. Add it all up, and I'd put my money on Blue for finals.

Third -- Of all of the other contenders that I believe could win (Cadets, Crown, Cavies, SCV), IMHO the Cadets have the best shot. I haven't been a fan, particularly in the past 5 years or so, but this WSS show is outstanding. Pretty dirty still, but WOW -- they've managed to take a classic book and give it new punch. Drill isn't terribly new or innovative -- like I said before -- folding and unfolding lines in rapid succession -- but their music book is probably a notch above BD's. Not in performance .. yet ... but it is very, very well written. I predict a similar BD/Phantom showdown come finals week, except it will be BD/Cadets. I think BD may have a better outcome this year -- but it will be a squeaker.

I tend to agree just based on what I've seen on the videos. The BD's have such a high score though they will be hard to catch. The last minute of the Cadets show is a jaw-dropper.

My VOD keeps acting up it'll randomly stop and just have REPLAY on the screen and if I click on the bar back to where I was before it'll play for a couple seconds then do it again. Does anyone else have this problem/know what's wrong with it? Sometimes I'll get through entire shows sometimes I won't even make it through the closer