People that post the most in this forum

Why does this need to be done? I'm sure there's folks that marched X amount of years that know as much as the person that hasn't marched at all.

I for one have not marched, but have a son in a drum corp, does that make me more or less knowledgeable then a person who has never marched, but say has attended 100 shows?

This is just a thread posted to "push buttons" .. and see it's working! :laughing:

How about we talk about tonight's shows, or this weekend in Texas!

Why the offense? There is a HUGE difference when you are on the field looking at the crowd as opposed to the crowd looking back. It's all about frame of reference.

Edited by Mello Dude

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just yours I may add. I was curious to see what your frame of reference was to all your posting.

It's inferior to yours, I guess.

I think I questioned a statement you made that said that Phantom is getting lower scores than they deserve for not using a synth. I obviuosly disagree. I didn't realize that having marched would make my opinion about that more credible. What about people who did march who happen to agree with me? Are their opinions vastly superior to mine despite the fact that we said the same thing because of this "frame of reference" thing you keep talking about?

Why the offense? There is a HUGE difference when you are on the field looking at the crowd as opposed to the crowd looking back. It's all about frame of reference.

Those people that are in the stands looking at you while you march--they are called "fans". Do not offend them! They can tell you without too much personal bias what's entertaining and great about what's going on in front of them than most of us biased alumnus can.

Is it me or do the people that post the most in this form have little or no drum corps marching experience? I mean, isn't it kinda difficult to relate the idea of drum corps if someone has actually never done it but talks about it all the time?

Maybe I don't entirely understand your question/point... but I wondered if you believe that 100% of the DCI judges have marched and if not, what makes them qualified enough to relate to the idea of drum corps?

What about those who never marched but have taught? I know a few good instructors who never marched and I hold their opinions/views in high regard.

There is a hierarchy of opinion validity based on your experience.

1) World champions

2) Medalists

3) Finalists

4) Semi-finalist

5) World Class marcher

6) Open Class world champion

7) Open Class medalist

You get the idea.

What about those who never marched but have taught? I know a few good instructors who never marched and I hold their opinions/views in high regard.

So they are involved in the activity from the "corps" point of view rather than fan. I mean, I watch basketball all the time, never played, that doesn't stop me from having an opinion but it does give me a different perspective.

What about those who have marched, taught, judged, etc who disagree with the idea that Phantom is being scored/placed lower than they should because they're not using a synth?

Now you are cross posting.