People that post the most in this forum

I think having drum corps experience really helps you have a deeper understanding of the activity, and therefore your opinions generally have more merit than one who hasn't marched. I'm not trying to sound holier than thou, but it's true. March a year of drum corps and you'll know what I mean.

Being a fan of many years also helps. There's a major difference between someone who has been a fan for 20 years, and someone who just discovered drum corps yesterday.

Well.....since I both marched And discovered drum corps a long, long, time ago, I must be something of an Oracle. I suggest you all hang on my every word from now on.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I marched 7 years and only have one ring. I have NO experience! :laughing:

Tekk has allowed me to borrow one of his years of experience so that I may continue to post my opinions on this forum. Tekk is also finding out about this agreement as he reads this.

I thank Tekk and give him $1.

Well.....since I both marched And discovered drum corps a long, long, time ago, I must be something of an Oracle. I suggest you all hang on my every word from now on.

Unless you are wearing a ring and a medal I'm not interested

There is a hierarchy of opinion validity based on your experience.

1) World champions

2) Medalists

3) Finalists

4) Semi-finalist

5) World Class marcher

6) Open Class world champion

7) Open Class medalist

You get the idea.

And if you marched 02 Cavaliers or 05 Cadets then your opinion trumps everyone!!

Tekk has allowed me to borrow one of his years of experience so that I may continue to post my opinions on this forum. Tekk is also finding out about this agreement as he reads this.

You made me fall out of my seat laughing so hard. :laughing:

That's the funniest thing I've read on here in a really long time! Thanks for the laugh!

Mello Dude, since the only conversation you and I have ever had (as far as I remember) is about Phantom being penalized for not having a synth, and since this thread is pretty much directed at me (again, 2 mintues after checking my profile, you threw this thread up), you're right.

If somebody who marched (somebody with the same "perspective" as you, if you will) disagreed with the idea that Phantom is placing lower because they're not using synths, would it carry more validity than somebody from my "perspective"?

You are all getting caught up in silly arguments. There are two parameters:

One is amount of actual experience with drum corps. The other is overall time being a fan of drum corps. Both help you have familiarity with the activity and therefore, more "valid" opinions. But I like to see everyone's opinion regardless.

Badges? ....We don't need no stinking badges! :laughing: