One Fan's plea...

Please Phantom Regiment, please clean, clean, clean! And work on that visual! And colorguard? Work VERY hard. I just can't stand seeing my beloved Regiment continue to plummet down the standings. When it's all said and done, where do you think they will finish?

My feeling right now is as high as 5 and as low as 10. Urgh.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Phantom Regiment, please clean, clean, clean! And work on that visual! And colorguard? Work VERY hard. I just can't stand seeing my beloved Regiment continue to plummet down the standings. When it's all said and done, where do you think they will finish?

I love Regiment. They are my favorite corps besides the one I marched. But to be honest, they put this upon themselves. After winning a championship, why would you hire someone who oversaw a 12th place semifinals guard and a 8th place finals guard from the previous year? What did they think would happen?

Biggest drop from a championship show is Madison 89. They placed 7th after winning the previous year. 1st to 10th would be pretty epic.

I love Regiment. They are my favorite corps besides the one I marched. But to be honest, they put this upon themselves. After winning a championship, why would you hire someone who oversaw a 12th place semifinals guard and a 8th place finals guard from the previous year? What did they think would happen?

Maybe they didn't have a choice. I know that Sage left to join Crown. Were there others available?

agreed

I was almost as disappointed when I read that announcement as I was when they announced their drill designer the previous year...

Here is to hoping they replace them with someone QUALIFIED! while maintaining the rest of their phenomenal staff!

Maybe they didn't have a choice. I know that Sage left to join Crown. Were there others available?

Well if you are the DCI champions one would think so. And he may be a great CG designer and caption head. But results are results. And considering how important CG has proved to be this decade (no corps finishing 5th or lower in guard has medaled this decade) it was a big risk.

Also, play louder. I was on the 50, front row, in Valdosta, and I could still hear afterwards.

Unacceptable.

My wife and I spent some time with Phantom Regiment the day before the Ft. Walton Beach show. These kids work so VERY hard, and care so much for each other and the Corps they are so proud of. Although I have new found respect for the kids and their dedication...I actually feel sorry for them.

It is not the kids who are at fault here this season... it is the Crops administration in our opinion. Coming off an amazing show and championship in 2008, I would think they would have attempted to find a way to follow up in 2009 with a bit of the awesomeness they had last year. The kids do not choose the show... they have no say in what music is played. And watching them closely at rehearsal, and at the show on Monday night... I get the feeling the kids do not like this show. The "fire" of Phantom Regiment seems to be missing somehow. There is no doubt that PR's horns are still putting out that famous Phantom sound that is unmatched by anyone... but...something is lacking...and I feel it is the "love of the show" thing. The designers have fallen short this year and IMO let these great kids down...as well as letting us loyal fans down. Do not for one second blame any of those kids for the show this year... the blame is directly in the staffs lap. IMO they did very little thinking when deciding what type of show to do! No one I know of has heard of "The Red Violin" ... or recognize the music.. or understands what PR is trying to say on the field. Again...the kids are giving their ALL!!! The staff has messed up totally!

Just our opinions!