Is it all about Crown vs Cadets?

It appears this year of DCI has been really dependent upon the rivalry between the Cadets and Crown. It almost seems like no other teams exists. So many people want HNC to have a wonderful year due to the milestone and the fact that they have finally come back to the drum corps from amplification. It appears that the way the schedule was designed - this was a match up from the very beginning. This is the first year in about 5 years that I really noticed scheduling. Fewer corps performing at each show puts more focus on the corps at the top.

What happened to Phantom? First last year to not much love this year...

Just not sure I am liking the way this season is playing out. Great drum corps moments no doubt but the overall season seems to have been set up from the beginning.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears this year of DCI has been really dependent upon the rivalry between the Cadets and Crown. It almost seems like no other teams exists. So many people want HNC to have a wonderful year due to the milestone and the fact that they have finally come back to the drum corps from amplification. It appears that the way the schedule was designed - this was a match up from the very beginning. This is the first year in about 5 years that I really noticed scheduling. Fewer corps performing at each show puts more focus on the corps at the top.

Just not sure I am liking the way this season is playing out. Great drum corps moments no doubt but the overall season seems to have been set up from the beginning.

no other teams other than the 2 that are in the top 4..including the 1st place corps.....na...no one else exists.

Crown and Cadets have been touring together basically all summer. They were projected by many to be top 4 corps when the season finishes.

Blue Devils are doing their thing, but haven't come close to losing a show, so there isn't much to talk about.

There has been a fair amount of talk about the 5-10 area of the standings.

The 11/12-16 corps are very close together.

Pioneer beat Cascades.

I think it only seems that way because there has been a fairly long and close competition going on between CC and HNC so far this season. That might make it more interesting for some than talking about BD kicking ### everywhere before the Cavies joined them in competitions. There may currently be more HNC/CC fans represented on DCP which doesn't make DCI all about that rivalry.

Once Saturday comes that CC/HNC rivalry may be a thing of the past as they both try to hang on in the competition with BD, Cavies, SCV...

Edited by anniem

I think it only seems that way because there has been a fairly long and close competition going on between CC and HNC so far this season. That might make it more interesting for some than talking about BD kicking ### everywhere before the Cavies joined them in competitions. There may currently be more HNC/CC fans represented on DCP which doesn't make DCI all about that rivalry.

Once Saturday comes that CC/HNC rivalry will be a thing of the past as they both try to hang on in the competition with BD, Cavies, SCV...

Makes sense

Are you saying that DCI knew that Crown was going to come out of the gate with a top 3 show (when they never have in their entire history)? Cadets and Crown are usually paired together through much of the early season because they are both East coast corps. Please don't think that the world of drum corps is just the discussions that happen on DCP. Why not embrace the fact that there is a really close battle between two corps in close proximity? I think it is really exciting.

I swear some people just try to find anything they can to complain about. :thumbup:

Are you saying that DCI knew that Crown was going to come out of the gate with a top 3 show (when they never have in their entire history)? Cadets and Crown are usually paired together through much of the early season because they are both East coast corps. Please don't think that the world of drum corps is just the discussions that happen on DCP. Why not embrace the fact that there is a really close battle between two corps in close proximity? I think it is really exciting.

I swear some people just try to find anything they can to complain about. :thumbup:

Didn't think I was complaining - just making an observation that most of the talk is about Crown and Cadets.

Blue Devils seem to be so clean so, look to see what happens this weekend. Crown fan here just seem to be more layers in the horn line. perhaps im wrong i dunno.

Blue Devils seem to be so clean so, look to see what happens this weekend. Crown fan here just seem to be more layers in the horn line. perhaps im wrong i dunno.

What?