Thought on narration in Cadets shows in past year and in general How u

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you were apart of THAT corps on the field.

True. I can ask my friends that marched that year if they heard it when they were playing. They were/are both in the pit.

Unless you were apart of THAT corps on the field.

A couple friends who were in the corps that year said they took it with a grain of salt! They loved the show, and you could hear it in the horn line! They were playing some notes man! They were a great corps, no matter what anyone said that year from the stands.

A couple friends who were in the corps that year said they took it with a grain of salt! They loved the show, and you could hear it in the horn line! They were playing some notes man! They were a great corps, no matter what anyone said that year from the stands.

Yeah, 5th place still ain't too shabby.

yeah i heard that from George Hopkins. I personally loved their 07 show. but their 08 show i got bored watching it. They r in my opinion good enough without it. It is just distracting.

yeah, i heard they have narration in their 3rd part but its not what it was like before

Was anyone in Allentown when the girl yelled "where are we?". I heard there was a guy in the crowd that yelled "5TH PLACE" but I'm not sure if that's true or not. Either way, it's hilarious, IMO.

They did it at finals too.

And to the OP: thank you, you have a very nice drum corps. :biggrin:

Edited by Drumcorpsfan471

I especially like the part in the title about wanting to see what people think about this "just for fun" .... :tongue:

"Fun how? What's fun about it? Fun how? fun like a clown, it amuses you? It makes you laugh, It's here to f-n' amuse you? What do you mean fun, fun how? How is it fun?"

(some amount of money to Joe Pesci)

Great movie to quote .. just thought I'd add that :biggrin:

Still doesn't make it right.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Star 1993 turned out pretty well...

There were many people who loved that show DURING the season. I ran to watch Star all summer. Cadets, Star and Phantom were far and away the most entertaining corps that season. Plus, show me in that entire Star show where there was bad writing. It's easy because there wasn't.

Conversely, besides being controversial, not only was the writing of the narration bad, some have commented that the delivery was lackluster too. But the writing was, above all, TERRIBLE. In fact, I have the entire transcript of the 2007 show and there isn't a piece of good writing in it. George Hopkins doesn't know his own strengths, or is at least blind to his weaknesses...one of which is...He can't write dialogue. At all.

And I agree with Bart...they (the members) performed the HELL out of that show in 2007. It's just that you would never know it with that abortion called narrative they had along with it. Kind of like pooping on a filet mingon. It might be a great piece of steak, but how are you going to know that when it's covered in crap? And some people think the narration in 2008 was even worse, if that's even possible.

I liked Cadets a lot (my favorite corps) until George had the delusion that he was a writer.

Edited by atlvalet