LEWISBURG & MISSION DRUMS

Nope.....Cabs have the weekend OFF. No Camp, no rehearsal. They will be doing things that normal people do on the weekends....go to beach, catch up on household chores, and stuff like that. Trying to get some normalcy in their lives before the push to the end of the season.

Cabs have worked VERY hard, and made amazing strides over the past couple of weeks, and I guarantee you that when Scranton comes, they WILL be ready. The members and staff of the corps will NOT let the momentum slip away from them......THIS.....I believe!!!! :shutup:

PLUS......I look forward to being back working with the Caballeros again come Scranton weekend!

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!! :shutup::doh::devil::worthy::w00t::doh::devil::w00t:

CABALLERO PRIDE!!!!!!!!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we have confirmed that Empire did not schedule practice on their week off and that Hawthorne has no plans to practice on their week off either. All that remains is to confirm that the Bucs had camps to make changes, tweak and improve their performance over their 2 week hiatus....and I do believe that I read somewhere on these boards that they did. IF this is the case, look no further as to why they are the 42-0, 4 time undefeated World Champions.

Well, there's nothing I love more than having VOReason rubbing his team's success in our faces, but...

Empire scheduled that weekend off a long time ago because a member of the management had an important family event that was going to happen around that week, and the only other show on the DCA schedule was 500 miles away. If that's going to cost the corps tenths of a point in September, then, honestly, it's still a fair trade-off (I probably just said more than I should have, and I apologize in advance).

Some other teams should be commended for being able to get kids to pay $800 just to practice half the summer.

Well, my point there is that CV certainly has momentum, but their target is not the Bucs, Brigs, Cru, or anyone else. Their target is CV. From week to week, they're trying to beat themselves. If the numbers work out well, then Yay! If not, but they've beat themselves, then it's a win.

It may be hard to hold on to this attitude......but if you can hold on to it.. that is the correct approach for a WINNER !!

Well, there's nothing I love more than having VOReason rubbing his team's success in our faces, but...

Empire scheduled that weekend off a long time ago because a member of the management had an important family event that was going to happen around that week, and the only other show on the DCA schedule was 500 miles away. If that's going to cost the corps tenths of a point in September, then, honestly, it's still a fair trade-off (I probably just said more than I should have, and I apologize in advance).

Some other teams should be commended for being able to get kids to pay $800 just to practice half the summer.

tom i have to agree with you. family is more important. in the past if we had a weekend off.........which i only remember happening 2 times...........we were off. no rehearsal , no camp. time to be with family. just please tom get it cleaned up by finals. i know i'm showing my bias. :shutup:

Why bring all that up? They are obviously struggling and negativity on here isn't helping. Numbers are down and Cru is fighting for their lives. While I may not love the book, I fully support the corps and staff. I hope they manage to pull it together and salvage the year. All of your questions and comments on here these past weeks would be better served in PM fashion with Mike Linton or Gary Goldstein. Your open forum approach almost sounds like bashing. Get a grip, Keith.

Tommy.

Thanks for the kind words and as I read this thread, there if there is a reason to bash Crusaders from "alumni" then please do it in PM fashion and I will be happy to respond to negativity NOT!

We are still in the game and look forward to entertaining the people who are supporting us during a tumultuous time! I am PROUD of EVERYONE representing CRU on and off the field and am looking forward to seeing" C-R-U!!!!" this weekend in Jamestown in our 62nd season of competition! :shutup:

Well, we have confirmed that Empire did not schedule practice on their week off and that Hawthorne has no plans to practice on their week off either. All that remains is to confirm that the Bucs had camps to make changes, tweak and improve their performance over their 2 week hiatus....and I do believe that I read somewhere on these boards that they did. IF this is the case, look no further as to why they are the 42-0, 4 time undefeated World Champions.

Better to take a weekend off than have people so stressed by Labor Day that they don't want to come back ever again. From what I've heard (didn't check the schedule myself), Bucs are doing six shows all summer. If their core membership is close enough to their rehearsal site as to make it worth rehearsing on an off weekend, that's fine. They are NOT traveling on those off weekends and might get to spend time having a life other than on a football field in the sun.

I wish every all-age corps had the sense to give the membership a weekend break over the summer.

Better to take a weekend off than have people so stressed by Labor Day that they don't want to come back ever again. From what I've heard (didn't check the schedule myself), Bucs are doing six shows all summer. If their core membership is close enough to their rehearsal site as to make it worth rehearsing on an off weekend, that's fine. They are NOT traveling on those off weekends and might get to spend time having a life other than on a football field in the sun.

I wish every all-age corps had the sense to give the membership a weekend break over the summer.

:shutup::worthy::devil:

3 Cheers for CABS and EMPIRE.

For being FAMILY FIRST - Drum Corps!!!!!!!

:shutup:

This should be on the Comedy Channel...LOL

UFC 101! In the cage, no holds barred.

2 go in.......1 come out! :shutup:

Duuuude ! I've never met you, but I think I need to buy you a beer!

"Ladies and Gentlemen.....hailing from Rrrrrrrochester, New York.....Bommmmmmmb Biggity!"

Duuuude ! I've never met you, but I think I need to buy you a beer!