Being called out...

When I marched back in the day the hornline and drumline kept messing around when we were supposed to be sleeping, Our DM finally told us to get up and we had to high mark time in our underwear for an hour. It was embarrasing and funny at the same time. Needless to say the point was driven home.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I marched back in the day the hornline and drumline kept messing around when we were supposed to be sleeping, Our DM finally told us to get up and we had to high mark time in our underwear for an hour. It was embarrasing and funny at the same time. Needless to say the point was driven home.

Hope it wasnt white with pink poka-dots :shutup:

Take this same scenario, then add in about half an hour of the "Bunny Dance".

Da dada dadada

Da dada

Da dada dadada

BAM! BAM! BAM!

Boy, did I feel sorry for the Sentinels trying to sleep in the basement downstairs!

Garry in Calgary, that night

It was 1am-ish at a camp for The Cavaliers. Many out in a hallway at an elementary school when someone has a pair of old underwear (found on top of the lockers. Not In.) land on their head. They were tossed around onto unsuspecting sleepers. Much laughing and joking when Bruno rounds the corner and says:

"This sewing circle right here needs to shut it and go to sleep. This sewing circle. Right here" Pointing at all of us an very very serious faced.

To which someone went, "Who was that?" To which several people replied, "Bruno. You couldn't tell?"

Maybe not the most intense call out. But funny. At least to a few, perhaps.

Sal Salas to guard member during Glassmen rehearsal in 1995:

"Cedric, you'll never make Madison if you keep dropping that saber."

I have a few, those on Facebook can go check out the "Drum Corps Staff Quotes" group:

After one rep in sub sectional

"If you dont want to be here go into the gym, and call your moms, and pack your **** and go the **** home!"

The day every contra debated quiting.

"*****s, where are your heads? What planet are you on today?"

Colin then waits patiently, and lets the rest of the staff talk, before taking the mic back after other comments have been made. What then follows:

"Seriously, *****s, what planet are you on? Planet earth? Or planet ZOLTAR?"

"Dean has a wife and a job and a life. He doesn't love you as much as I do. That is why I am here kicking ### and Dean is at his job."

"You no dotbook having sonuvabiotch!"

"You all like the drumline so much, why don't you take a lap with your flags in the air. Around the drummers' field."

"Hey drumline, say hi to the colorguard!"

"Hi colorguard!"

" After you age out you can suck as much as you want, until then you must be perfect!"

-sees tuba tech running up and down the diagonals "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH PLAY LOUUUUDERR AHHHHHHHHH!-

Andy:"Contras what the **** was that. I want 2 laps around the field for just the contras"

Paul:"What did we do"

Andy:"Nothing, you're all just fat as hell, and I better not catch any of you getting dessert"

"Baris, you guys are using way too much tongue on that articulation. How about this? Let's play a game called 'just the tip.' Wanna play? I know I do."

"You know what I use a silver medal for? TO SHAVE MY ***!"

Paul Weber: Yeah you kinda rushed that tap off, just stay with the met.

M: Yeah, that's my bad...

Paul Weber: Oh wait, REALLY? I THOUGHT THE MET ****ED UP!

87 with Empire...I came in midway through the season, so I was having troubles with the drill at some points....couldn't quite get it locked it.

It was late season...I THINK it was DCA, in fact, and we were working the opener, which had a company front moving at an oblique.

I was out of the form (ahead of it) on one run and Dave Bruni called me out from the podium....but he couldn't remember my name...only that I had been in BD.

"You....YOU...BLUE DEVIL...GET IN THE FORM!"

Heh...I got the idea right away!

Andy:"Contras what the **** was that. I want 2 laps around the field for just the contras"

Paul:"What did we do"

Andy:"Nothing, you're all just fat as hell, and I better not catch any of you getting dessert"

That was the funniest rehearsal I ever had in my 8 years of marching! Not only did that stop the entire rehearsal, but we had to watch them to make sure that 'Shorts' wasn't last! Great times at spring training at Gardner Webb University!

During a Cadets' visual rehearsal after several reps:

Mello player: "Hey, Sully, we haven't had water in a long time."

Marc Sullivan: "Yeah, and I haven't had sex in a long time. AGAIN!!"