Hostrauser's DCI Rankings, Week 4 (07/20/09)

Then take this thread for what it's worth. Entertainment. That's what I'm doing.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from running 6 miles, hitting the weights, getting my dog groomed, and studying for my LSAT...I amuse myself by watching people make predictions and assumptions that don't really mean anything or make any sort of difference.

You could give them a 50 and I/They still wouldn't care. Its just presumptuous that you're generalizing the fate of other corps' placement based on irrelevant information. You might see DCI as a venue for competition. And while it is to an extent, I see it as a venue for entertainment. You wouldn't go and criticize Cirque du Soleil and Barnum and Bailey, would you? Enjoy the activity for what it is and stop being so objective. After all, its just marching band. Marching Band?!?

The competitive side of drum corps plays a huge role in entertainment value.

Secondly, lighten up. It's just for fun.

Aside from running 6 miles, hitting the weights, getting my dog groomed, and studying for my LSAT...I amuse myself by watching people make predictions and assumptions that don't really mean anything or make any sort of difference.

You could give them a 50 and I/They still wouldn't care. Its just presumptuous that you're generalizing the fate of other corps' placement based on irrelevant information. You might see DCI as a venue for competition. And while it is to an extent, I see it as a venue for entertainment. You wouldn't go and criticize Cirque du Soleil and Barnum and Bailey, would you? Enjoy the activity for what it is and stop being so objective. After all, its just marching band. Marching Band?!?

Aw, but these aren't predictions or fates. They're a statistical method he developed to show how the corps are doing RIGHT NOW. He's been doing these threads a long time, take them for what they are.

And flex for me baby! I gotta hit the gym later in the PM *bleh*

It's speculation. Don't feel obligated to be rude if you're dissatisfied, HolyName06.

Then take this thread for what it's worth. Entertainment. That's what I'm doing.

But then again it's much easier to be presumptuous about a corps you weren't a part of...i'm just saying be careful in case some over-protective band mom comes on here...

Aw, but these aren't predictions or fates. They're a statistical method he developed to show how the corps are doing RIGHT NOW. He's been doing these threads a long time, take them for what they are.

And flex for me baby! I gotta hit the gym later in the PM *bleh*

These guns were made for killing....

...btw, anyone catch a glimpse of Madison's guard kissin their guns at the end of their opener?

These guns were made for killing....

...btw, anyone catch a glimpse of Madison's guard kissin their guns at the end of their opener?

Thats hot! I'll have to look for that at Semis. Heh...semis... :tongue:

I amuse myself by watching people make predictions and assumptions that don't really mean anything or make any sort of difference.
These rankings are NOT a prediction of future performance, nor are they representative of a corps' entire season of work. They are stand-alone rankings based upon the most recent week; so programming changes in shows during the course of the season can lead to "hot" and "cold" streaks in the rankings.

No predictions, no assumptions, just a statistical look at numerical data.

As for not meaning anything or making any sort of difference, you ARE aware that you're at an online forum, right? You just described everything in the joint. :tongue:

Bottom line, as I said last week:

Don't like 'em? Don't read 'em. Not that hard.
Edited by hostrauser

DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL.

While predictions may be a waste of time, they are ginormously less a waste of time than someone pointing out that they are a waste of time. (Of course me pointing out that someone wasting their time by pointing out that predictions are a waste of time is a bigger waste of time than the predictions themselves is an even ginormouser waste of time, so I guess you got me in the end.)