The Crown Flu

Hope they get well before they end up in 11th AGAIN :doh: COULDNT HELP MYSELF...LOL......dont want to see any corps or kids sick....

Wow, this is a total jerk move...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I thought the skipped show was pretty bush league.

Just so I can get facts straight.....was the missed show a Crown decision, DCI decision, or combination. I have marched and have worked in drum corps. I can guarantee that a missed show is definitely NOT something that anybody wants, but sometimes it has to happen. Living in tight quarters like they do, a 24 hour bug can quickly become a summer long problem. Constant trading of the virus back and forth. I am sure that the staff has had many conversations with the membership about washing water coolers, mouthpieces, horns, etc. and hopefully they have even gone one step further in making sure the kids have a had a Wal-Mart run to buy new toothbrushes and what have you.

What year was it that Boston Crusaders had their infamous virus? I believe they had to miss a few shows, too. If I was the corps director, I would have have made the same decision. A missed show is something nobody wants, but if it is for the better of the corps, then you must do what you have to do. The corps members work awfully hard, but they ain't no Superman. 98% of the fans, while disappointed that the corps will have to miss a show, will understand.

Hope they get well before they end up in 11th AGAIN :doh: COULDNT HELP MYSELF...LOL......dont want to see any corps or kids sick....

:doh:

i will not say anything mean. i will not say anything mean.i will not say anything mean. i will not say anything mean.i will not say anything mean. i will not say anything mean.

The virus was developed in top secret subterranean laboratories at the Cadets compound. Cadet researchers developed the virus after losing to Crown for the first time last year.

Unfortunately the laboratory was infiltrated by a Crown spy who managed to change the chemical compound of the virus so that the lingering effects would be minimal, and non fatal. We all owe him a debt of gratitude.

(ducks and runs)

To be honest, I thought the skipped show was pretty bush league.

Actually a busch league drum corps would be a corps that doesn't care about the health of their members. A corps that rehearses with minimal water breaks, runs out of food, beats their membership into the ground every single day, and would go perform at a show at no matter what the health situation was in the drum corps.

There's been a lot of busch league drum corps that have come and gone throughout the years.

:doh:

i will not say anything mean. i will not say anything mean.i will not say anything mean. i will not say anything mean.i will not say anything mean. i will not say anything mean.

AND WHAT'S SO MEAN? Don't they own that slot?.... :doh: if you think thats mean haven't you read other things on DCP,,,,get over it

Somone else wrote in another thread Hickmam= boreing + Salas = tacky = Glassmen I didnt her anything over that GEZZZZZZ

Actually a busch league drum corps would be a corps that doesn't care about the health of their members. A corps that rehearses with minimal water breaks, runs out of food, beats their membership into the ground every single day, and would go perform at a show at no matter what the health situation was in the drum corps.

There's been a lot of busch league drum corps that have come and gone throughout the years.

hope no one takes ofense to this but sounds like Cap Reg before they went under for time to fix.

hope no one takes ofense to this but sounds like Cap Reg before they went under for time to fix.

WELLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....lol :doh:

For the record: I wasn't thinking of Capital Regiment when I wrote that. Talk to enough drum corps people and you'll hear the same horror stories when it comes to folded drum corps.

Edited by Dash Fieldpaint