Crown's New Ending

Crown's New Ending  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Crown will have their new ending in by the Atlanta show?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not until championships week
    • Not until finals

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know when they will add it but I think people will be severely disappointed when it doesn't suddenly vaulted them higher in the standings.

I'd be severely disappointed if their new ending vaulted CC higher in the rankings. I expect their performers to carry them there ! This show will just get tastier and tastier as it cleans up :doh:

Edited by corpsband

counting on a new ending is like counting on 19 year olds to show up to vote.

i hope it's good, because good drum corps is amazing, but if they are counting on it to do something regarding placement, eek.

Agreed. Usually they do nothing placement wise.

During the commentary of Crown’s San Antonio performance, the Staff pointed out that the last minute or so would be completely different … it was the last time that version would be performed.

It was all changing starting Sunday.

How excited is everyone for Crown to put their new ending in? :doh:

I can't wait. From everything I've heard, it's going to be amazing...think last year! Do you think it'll be in by Atlanta? What do you think the new ending will be like? Heard anything from insiders? Thoughts on changing the ending from what it is now? Let's hear it!

I'll believe it when I see it :) Atlanta makes more sense to have it in. Its the last time all the corps will be together until Indy. In Allentown you could have your top three finishers performing on Friday night with HNC, BD & Cavies. Good luck Crown; a lot of people are attaching high expectations on this new ending.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I hope it does nothing but great things for their show appeal and placement.

I do want to ask...can anyone name a show where a spankin' new ending in late July to a show just made all the difference in the world? I suppose Phantom 08 might be an example (in that case, remind me exactly what overhaul they did)...

Spartacus. Faust.

Both shows were good, but they didn't seem to live up to their potential. It wasn't until the final endings were on the field that the shows elevated from great to AMAZING.

If you're going to tell a story, you need an ending that properly wraps everything up.

Crown's ending works, but it's not the end all and be all of what this show could mean.

How excited is everyone for Crown to put their new ending in? :doh:

I can't wait. From everything I've heard, it's going to be amazing...think last year! Do you think it'll be in by Atlanta? What do you think the new ending will be like? Heard anything from insiders? Thoughts on changing the ending from what it is now? Let's hear it!

Well, from what the guys on the San Antonio broadcast were saying, the ending may be in as early as tonight. They made several statements like "say goodbye to this drill" and "that's the last time we'll ever see that performed"..... which to me makes it pretty obvious that they have spent the last two days learning the new ending and will debut it tonight in Arkansas. If that is the case, I definitely would not expect a score increase as it would likely be extremely dirty.... let's just wait and see.

Spartacus. Faust.

Both shows were good, but they didn't seem to live up to their potential. It wasn't until the final endings were on the field that the shows elevated from great to AMAZING.

If you're going to tell a story, you need an ending that properly wraps everything up.

Crown's ending works, but it's not the end all and be all of what this show could mean.

Also, I think you could add Spin Cycle to that list.... they added the ending (mirror of the beginning) around mid-July.

And, what about Winged Victory? Most people early season thought that the Blue Devils' show was outstanding until the very end, then they added the ending and it completed the show. That ending may have helped keep the Blue Devils scoring above the Cadets at the 2007 championships.

Also, I think you could add Spin Cycle to that list.... they added the ending (mirror of the beginning) around mid-July.

And, what about Winged Victory? Most people early season thought that the Blue Devils' show was outstanding until the very end, then they added the ending and it completed the show. That ending may have helped keep the Blue Devils scoring above the Cadets at the 2007 championships.

The last 30 seconds of Winged Victory are the only thing that redeemed the post-ballad part of that show. I'm still not quite sure how that show won GE Music... the first half, yes, the second half, no. (all IMO, of course :doh: )

Okay, so far we have Cavies 2003 (which was already in 1st-2nd place anyway, right? Finished 2nd), BD 2007 (teetering 1st-2nd, finished 1st), and PR 2006 (3rd-4thish, finished 2nd) and 2008 (4thish, finished 1st) (unfortunately, I can't recall what was changed at this stage about these two shows -- resurrection for 2006, and DM kill for 2008?).

The last 30 seconds of Winged Victory are the only thing that redeemed the post-ballad part of that show. I'm still not quite sure how that show won GE Music... the first half, yes, the second half, no. (all IMO, of course :doh: )

Okay, so far we have Cavies 2003 (which was already in 1st-2nd place anyway, right? Finished 2nd), BD 2007 (teetering 1st-2nd, finished 1st), and PR 2006 (3rd-4thish, finished 2nd) and 2008 (4thish, finished 1st) (unfortunately, I can't recall what was changed at this stage about these two shows -- resurrection for 2006, and DM kill for 2008?).

It was a lot more than just the DM kill.... all of the drill was changed for about the last 1.5 minutes of the show. They re-did the pacing of the "I am Spartacus" section. They took off their helmets and switched their baldrics to "honor" Spartacus. There were minor musical tweaks, but basically all of the visual at the end was changed.