Crown's New Ending

Crown's New Ending  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Crown will have their new ending in by the Atlanta show?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not until championships week
    • Not until finals

It was a lot more than just the DM kill.... all of the drill was changed for about the last 1.5 minutes of the show. They re-did the pacing of the "I am Spartacus" section. They took off their helmets and switched their baldrics to "honor" Spartacus. There were minor musical tweaks, but basically all of the visual at the end was changed.

Oh, wow! Good stuff.

(I wasn't trying to minimalize what they did, I honestly wasn't sure of the extent).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

counting on a new ending is like counting on 19 year olds to show up to vote.

i hope it's good, because good drum corps is amazing, but if they are counting on it to do something regarding placement, eek.

ignoring the fact that youth voter turnout was the highest it's ever been since voter tracking began, and was one of the key differences in the results this year, I do agree with you.

A new ending is gonna be awesome, but if anyone thinks it's going to help with overall placement, I totally disagree. They need to clean up visually, plain and simple.

ignoring the fact that youth voter turnout was the highest it's ever been since voter tracking began, and was one of the key differences in the results this year, I do agree with you.

A new ending is gonna be awesome, but if anyone thinks it's going to help with overall placement, I totally disagree. They need to clean up visually, plain and simple.

Yeah and the sooner they put it in, the more time they'll have to clean it. They'll have that in addition to the rest of the show to clean so it may not make that much of a difference other than adding more dirt. Just saying, they should put it in asap.

The last 30 seconds of Winged Victory are the only thing that redeemed the post-ballad part of that show. I'm still not quite sure how that show won GE Music... the first half, yes, the second half, no. (all IMO, of course :tongue: )

I agree with you. IMO they won based completely on their opener which was amazing, but talk about an unbalanced show that totally dropped off in intensity after the opener. All I remember about the ending was the return of the angel wing flags. It was their anniversary though, and one time Finals have been in CA, so dare I say politics were a slight factor. Of course, the controversy over Cadets show was the rationalization to some degree also.

It was an interesting result.

I hope it does nothing but great things for their show appeal and placement.

I do want to ask...can anyone name a show where a spankin' new ending in late July to a show just made all the difference in the world? I suppose Phantom 08 might be an example (in that case, remind me exactly what overhaul they did)...

The overhaul was basically a "presence" that they added. They added the entrance to the field fanfare, and the nuance of the guard being dragged around by the corps. They added the Golden sash to the uniform. And they completely redid the last minute of the show, ie taking off the helmets, stabbing of the DM, running while playing etc. They added quite a bit for Allentown!

brother just told me that they will be peforming the original show tonight and are plannin to put the new show on the field thursday in tn. so it should def be on for the atlanta show. which is very eexciting since I will be traveling down there to see that one

I hope it does nothing but great things for their show appeal and placement.

I do want to ask...can anyone name a show where a spankin' new ending in late July to a show just made all the difference in the world? I suppose Phantom 08 might be an example (in that case, remind me exactly what overhaul they did)...

Star '91 cross to cross...of course, it might've been in august...can't remember. They were winning all summer but I think this ending cemented the deal.

I know that some members of Crowns creative staff were discussing the end of the show while they were in San Antonio if not before then. From what I understand there will likely be little change musically but some significant changes visually and in some cases pacing. They want to clarify the story line of the two characters in their show and hope to do that with forth coming changes.

Edited by Mark Time