Murfreesboro Market

Well, to each his own. I've had the opportunity to play Crown's book, and it's one of the hardest books I've ever seen put on the field. Like I said, maybe they had an off night. I don't know how they did tonight, but I will be speaking with some staff very shortly! Maybe I'll get some clarification as to what went down.

the search for justification, it's a beautiful thing

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I kind of like it when things are all over the place (scores, captions). It means the judges are judging. Often you would see complaints on DCP about how things were too predictable.

What we are starting to see, IMO, is the change in status (scores, captions) based on the judges reads as these corps progress through the summer. Just because you were beating someone early means nothing. NOW is a different time, and what happened in June and early July was cool, but no longer applies to NOW. I know many have been saying it, and I will as well: SCV's show is dangerous. REALLY DANGEROUS. Some call it easy, some call it old...I call is classy, beautiful, well designed, and AWESOME!

Now, in all fairness, I was not at the show tonight. I know the Cavaliers are still a tall order for SCV. The Cavaliers show is growing on me each time I view portions of it on FN. Originally I did not care for it, but now I really like it, and have this feeling I am going to love it come Finals. They are good, real good. But SCV has a kind of Championship feel to them that only Holy Name Cadets and Blue Devils seem to have. None of the other corps are in this boat if you ask me. HNC still feels like the best lock to win this thing, and BD is already considered a favorite by many, and for good reason. But if one of those two falls a bit, I like SCV or perhaps the Cavaliers.

Also, to Crown's credit, their show is amazing and challenging. They have been sick and the flu takes a while to get over. Rehearsals had to be rough for about a week, and now they add a new ending (not sure why, I liked it the other way), and they have likely lost some steam. They need to clean and purge some of the demand that is holding them back. Let's see how they respond.

Crown had a really really bad night. I completely trust Petrash, so that's all I have to say. Crown really needs to clean up their feet. Pretty clear! But musically, they are with Cadets and BD.

Cavaliers and Cadets were .1 apart in Brass Performance in Denton. Crown and Cavaliers were within a tenth in San Antonio. Guess that little party of three "superior" brass line has a gatecrasher in green (one who's won a number of shows with top brass this decade).

Crown is having a great year, but it's worth keeping in mind that there are others out there who also know how to play the game and how to win the game. A little respect for them goes a long way. :tongue:

Edited by mobrien

I am thinking that we can have Cognac and smoke cigars in the exclusive Vet Club Room.

Can the moderators work on that for us vets?

I don't mean to throw my Vet Status out there but I am a Vet.

the search for justification, it's a beautiful thing

They are competing now. There has to be a reason that they aren't winning all the time.... :tongue:

I think Madison had the advantage by going on after the break. The Troopers may have had the conservative score tonight because they went first out of the grouping. The Colts couldn't have been score too conservatively because Spirit went on right before them and the judges gave them an okay number.

Sure they did... if they were better than the corps that went on before them.

Most times going on later is better, but sometimes it can mean a score drop too if a corps that is better goes on early.

well the important thing is that they're having fun

Not in some posters eyes.

Sure they did... if they were better than the corps that went on before them.

Most times going on later is better, but sometimes it can mean a score drop too if a corps that is better goes on early.

Right! I agree. I thought you were saying that the reason Madison's score dropped was because the judges were being conservative with Colts score and so they had to do the same with the Scouts in order to save room. My question is who were they saving room for?