Mufreesboro

450 bucks for band dvds? that sounds like a waste of money dont you think?

I'm not sure if I would ever do it, but if anyone wants to spend $450 to help fund the activity, then more power to them.

And is it a "waste of money" to spend $2500 to spend all summer marching in a "band"?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...Bluecoats added a new ending...still can't quite find closure to the show though (The drum major turns into a cloud person too after two color guard members climb the podium to him and take off his jacket...there I ruined it for someone)...

...That's all I have for now. I need to sleep....

Is this a joke induced by your fatigue? Please?

This just made me laugh my ### off!!! Not sure why...

You're not alone... is this a joke, or are you actually serious, Tupid? If so, cute ending! I'm not sure I'll be standing up for this one.

Is this a joke induced by your fatigue? Please?

No joke.

And the .1 difference was in Percussion I believe.

SCV won GE by 0.4, there was a tie in Brass and Visual and Garfield got a perfect score in Percussion to win that caption by 0.5.

Guess I'll keep preaching my piece. .1 across the boards = 1.5 lead.

All the spreads you guys keep calling out are usually a .1 or .2 ranking differential.

Nodda to worry about. At some point (August 7th or 8th) the judges run out of numbers to play with.

True, except that's not what's happening, unfortunately.

HNC won GEVis by 0.3, BD won GEMus by 0.5.

BD won VisPerf and VisEns by 0.3 and 0.7, while only winning Guard by 0.1.

BD won Brass and MusEnx by 0.6 and 0.4, and were 0.2 and 0.6 ahead of Phantom and HNC in Percussion.

So, BD really is smacking the other corps around. I'm surprised Guard was even that close, given how people have been talking about BD's guard this year.

In other news, SCV (again) and Crown beat Cavies in Brass by 0.6 and 0.2, looks like it's for real.

Yay Regiment! Keep it up! :tongue:

Moving in the right direction! Hopefully they will continue to surge till finals.

Bluecoats added a new ending...still can't quite find closure to the show though (The drum major turns into a cloud person too after two color guard members climb the podium to him and take off his jacket...there I ruined it for someone)

Actually,

I'm fairly certain that those were the two side Drum Majors. Not guard members. The part that he doesn't mention is that the Bluecoats don't have a dm at all for an extended period of the show, at least from what I saw. Because the center is turned around to face the audience while they remove his jacket.

Also, the Murfreesboro crowd LOVES Phantom Regiment. Lots of gasps when they were announced in 4th. Seemed like a really really good show for them, probably because the crowd was so loud for them.