How Cadets could improve their GE score

When I watch the VODs I always have come away with this conclusion. Cadets need more color in their show. Look back in 94, their guard had so much color. Now I am a drummer, but I feel their color scheme is very vanilla. Look at BD, they are vibrant and that yellow just grabs you. Just my two cents and I have not broken down scores to see if GE is where they are getting beat, but to me color is key here.

To me they just need to clean. I think they have the product and have pretty much had the product since day 1. There were some tweaks that were necessary, but nothing major. Just clean!

Thank you for posting this.

I think that there needs to be a little "character action".

(Can't really comment on the color / flag stuff.)

The entire staff (and, of course the corps) is doing a great job.

I think they're doing a good job of portraying conflict...with the guard, with some corps members, with the drill and with the music. What additional or different character action do you want?

As for color, they definitely have more than they have past couple of years. Yellows, oranges, bright blues...colored bare poles... It's not quite the color spectacle of, say, their 1998 show, but it's better than it has been.

When I watch the VODs I always have come away with this conclusion. Cadets need more color in their show. Look back in 94, their guard had so much color. Now I am a drummer, but I feel their color scheme is very vanilla. Look at BD, they are vibrant and that yellow just grabs you. Just my two cents and I have not broken down scores to see if GE is where they are getting beat, but to me color is key here.

Orange, Yellow, Maroon, Gold, White, Blue.....I'm not sure how much more color they would need. Oh, and the green field. :blink:

I'm not much of a guard guy, but I'd say they're pretty bright this year as far as the color goes.

They just need to clean, which I am sure they already know.

Edited by 2000Cadet

i see the character stuff, but there is usually so much going on around it that it gets lost.

They need to stop moving so darn much and add some chairs to sit on while they play:shutup:

:blink::huh:

Sounds familiar.

i'm not saying it's a bad thing, but i can see how it would get lost.

i also know these guys can be the masters of the 2 week jump and things can become a lot more clear by finals week.