Company Front Palooza

Company fronts become much more prevalent when the tick system went away. Think of how many ticks you would get when you have 50-100 corps members right in front of the judge trying to keep in step and in a straight line...true suicide back in the day of ticks.

Having been in a company front at the end of show WITH HIGH MARK-TIME...I always hate to see that camera that always looks down the line from the sidelines...I'm sure they try and avoid that camera view these days...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told by people in the know that he didn't play at Finals, so that the crowd would appear to overtake him. I don't think he's playing at the end of the FN video, which I assume is from the Finals performance.

Trust me. I was there. I'm one of the fools you can hear screaming over the soloist. Over twenty years later, I kinda wish I had been quiet. But everyone else around me was going crazy too. It was an awsome moment. The crowd didn't "appear to overtake him". We were making enough noise that he wasn't heard. :tongue: It was just that exciting of a show.

I think somebody has given you bad info. (There is no way the corps would have made a goofy decision like that anyway. What if the crowd had remained quiet, like the night before? Was he gonna decide on the fly to play? And make a last minute decision based on his read of the crowd from halfway across the field? I don't think so. :bleah: )

Edited by bradrick

That all said, I want to see a giant line on a 45 degree angle move across the field traveling at 45 degrees. That'd be one hell of a company front!

I think 07 Cadets did that in their closer.

You're kidding right? I mean really? You cannot be a fan of the activity until you have seen Cadets '87.

:bigsmile:

In reference to Cadets 1987...Just watched this on FN...I have a question about that soloist at the end....Was he really playing or doing a visual to make it look like he was playing? This is not meant to disrespect the musician whoever he is....

The 3 note solo that will never be heard. Yes they were playing.

Trust me. I was there. I'm one of the fools you can hear screaming over the soloist. Over twenty years later, I kinda wish I had been quiet. But everyone else around me was going crazy too. It was an awsome moment. The crowd didn't "appear to overtake him". We were making enough noise that he wasn't heard. :bigsmile: It was just that exciting of a show.

I think somebody has given you bad info. (There is no way the corps would have made a goofy decision like that anyway. What if the crowd had remained quiet, like the night before? Was he gonna decide on the fly to play? And make a last minute decision based on his read of the crowd from halfway across the field? I don't think so. :tongue: )

Agreed. That dude was definitely playing. The crowd reaction was such, though, that it makes the point moot anyway (or should I say "mute?").

Ah, Garfield '87. Best. Show. Ever.