Company Front Palooza

In years past, one company front at the end of a show garnered great applause because it was a nearly impossible feat. Now, I think there's an average of about 12 company fronts per show per corps. What used to be a potent spice is now table salt.

Company fronts are so ubiquitous now, and appear to be so easy to do, audiences barely respond.

Which shows have difficult drill set pieces this year? Are audiences recognizing them?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In years past, one company front at the end of a show garnered great applause because it was a nearly impossible feat. Now, I think there's an average of about 12 company fronts per show per corps. What used to be a potent spice is now table salt.

Company fronts are so ubiquitous now, and appear to be so easy to do, audiences barely respond.

Which shows have difficult drill set pieces this year? Are audiences recognizing them?

I think a perfectly straight line that spans yards upon yards is about as difficult to pull off as one can get, considering how a lot of them are transitioned into.

And really? Maybe you're seeing something that's not there. Some corps don't have a single company front this year. Are you generalizing all for what you've seen in about 3 corps?

I count only 1 in SCV's show. And it's a doozy!!!

Some member in '04: "When are we going to stop having company fronts?"

Visual caption head: "When they stop applauding."

Some member in '04: "When are we going to stop having company fronts?"

Visual caption head: "When they stop applauding."

Brilliantly said.

I think that company fronts are a good thing. A Visual and Musical wall of sound.

I want to see a corps do a disappearing and reappearing company front, like star did with a cross to cross.

company fronts dont kill the applause, synth saxophone kills the applause :tongue:

I think that company fronts are a good thing. A Visual and Musical wall of sound.

I want to see a corps do a disappearing and reappearing company front, like star did with a cross to cross.

Cadets 87