West Chester Wrumble

we don't cover down. we march our dots. :)

Ok, well in that case, there were a few people that must have been marching to someone else's dots. :thumbup:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come sail away...come sail away..come sail away with meeeee

I think that's because it was a HNC sponsored show. The people I was with weren't surprised by it.

I was also surprised that HNC won the colorguard ordinal. Their colorguard book did not appear as difficult as Crown's. Also, there was hardly any wind. There was no reason for all of those sails last night. Especially when Crown & Cavies didn't have them. Cut your planes correctly please!!! There is so much that I love about HNC's show this year, I'm glad I was able to see it in person. However, if you can't do basic things like keeping your flags from having sails repeatedly, you don't deserve a 1st place in guard.

Visually, from a CG standpoint, Crown's guard was amazing last night. CG people tend to see every little thing visually, especially the errors, and you watch decades of guard, the errors tend to pop out instantly. Watching Crown's guard last night was a rare treat- it was just a visual JOY to watch. Their book is great, they execute it well, and they don't have those "ooof look at that" or "whoops" errors. As they shouldn't going into the end of the season. Thank you for taking the time to script out all of the details- even their transitions were seamless. I was with other guard people (including former corps guard instructors) and at this point we are rarely blown away by performances. But last night we were speechless after watching that show, and we were very very happy. Thanks for bringing the sheer joy back to colorguard for us. :thumbup:

Well, obviously as we have seen, it doesn't really matter too much how hard your book is, as long as it is performed better than the competition, it will probably be ranked higher. Just look at BD's show. Obviously, the judges thought Cadets guard performed much better than everyone else's. I have seen Cadets guard at a few of the shows I have been to. I don't know much about guard work, but I do know they have a lot more work than what they had last year, and they are performing it well. I can't comment too much on last night because I wasn't there. But apparently the judge gave them the scores they deserved.

Finally get to see Cadets encore tonight! They were supposed to do it at the Jackson show but opted out to get on the road quicker.

Oh wait, no I didn't. They left without doing the encore. Not even an announcement.

Oh wait, no I didn't. They left without doing the encore. Not even an announcement.

There was most certainly an announcement at the Jackson show about them not doing the encore. If they didnt do one at west chester then that sucks...especially considering that they are staying at their same housing for today. Who knows...there may have been a good reason

I don't want to beat this to death but there was a LOT of grumbliing in the stands. After forgetting in Jackson I can't believe they let that happen again.

Don't believe George was even there last night...