Crown, Cadets or Vanguard?

The "Phantom" effect  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps do you feel has the best chance of rising from the depths and "stealing" it all?

• Carolina Crown
    • Holy Name Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • No chance, BD's got number 13 in the bag.

HNC they are in second

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust the Force young Skywalker :rolleyes:

And the Corps which snuck in there from another 'planet' ... The Cavaliers (whom people thought maxed out that idea midsummer too)

This too in addition to decompress BBQ family/alumni picnic back home before arriving in Indy early at same familiar ideal location as last year.

So wait, if Cavies were in the poll... Are you saying you would have voted for them or something?

So wait, if Cavies were in the poll... Are you saying you would have voted for them or something?

Duh, yes. The poll is flawed and irrelevant like comparing the two Allentown's or local versus regional score outcomes ( :rolleyes: )

Yup. They lost one show in '08 before Finals, which was Allentown to The Cavaliers. But '95....going undefeated all season until the three shows that matter has got to be a punch.

If Devils do not win this year, does anyone think they'll go the way of Star?

?

No, I think with 3 active drum and bugle corps PLUS a corporate performance group, they would have no reason to leave the activity all together for a Broadway type gig.

Perhaps I should have expanded on the poll posting. The Cavaliers, though I have not seen them this year, are to be commended for being in the hunt this year just as they are darn near every year.

Quite simply, the poll is asking who from the back (i.e. 3rd through 5th) has the best chance of landing a few knockout punches to those in front of them, perhaps all the way to the top like Phantom did last year. This was/is not a "who will win the championship" poll.

In no way did I want to discredit the great job the Cavaliers members have done this year.

Perhaps I should have expanded on the poll posting. The Cavaliers, though I have not seen them this year, are to be commended for being in the hunt this year just as they are darn near every year.

Quite simply, the poll is asking who from the back (i.e. 3rd through 5th) has the best chance of landing a few knockout punches to those in front of them, perhaps all the way to the top like Phantom did last year. This was/is not a "who will win the championship" poll.

In no way did I want to discredit the great job the Cavaliers members have done this year.

Nick, with due respect, your premise, desires or wishes, simply get discredited when such statements are made when indeed one hasn't even seen some corps at all. I guess that is a common frustration (I have) on these forums. Just say'in.

Nick, with due respect, your premise, desires or wishes, simply get discredited when such statements are made when indeed one hasn't even seen some corps at all. I guess that is a common frustration (I have) on these forums. Just say'in.

Actually, what he said made sense. Who from the 3-5 area (not 2nd) stands the best chance? Why not 2nd? Because the most obvious choice to win, if not the corps in 1st, is the corps in 2nd. The more storied wins are those that come from beyond 2nd place, and they are rather rare indeed.

Blue Devils all around are very good, like every year, but their show isn't my favorite. It's not that it isn't clean, there's just no excitement to it, or anything that will make you go " holy *)$Y*$#^".

To be honest early on I thought cavies were in a big hole. Their show wasn't anything like I'd hope and I was starting to worry. They pulled a complete 180 and I really enjoy their show now. While their drill is very good when compared to other top tier corps, I just don't think it's up to Cavalier standards. If the Cavies want to win, they need to do some last minute changes to help their GE and kick it up a notch musically. All within their reach, no doubt.

I totally agree I like BD but i dont like their show this year at all. I had a couple holy *(^())$&*%^ moments in the Cadets show (no pun intended) and in Crown's show! I thought both their shows were better than the Blue Devils show