FYI: Cavies pull out of I & E competition today

Yea, because we're all mind readers here and know the true intentions behind everyone's decisions. :blink:

I agree. People should quit judging the Cavaliers and jumping to conclusions. While I can see the argument towards it probably being a competitive move, you still don't know for sure......and besides even if it is a competitive move; I agree w/whoever said it above. What about Phantom and Cadets????? And finally, one more "EVEN IF"!

Even if the cavies aren't being realistic/honest about why they didn't do i&e today, who cares! Personally, if i had a drum corps I wouldn't want to openly admit to the world that we were skipping i&e so we could be more competitive. I wouldn't want to deal with all of the crap and arguments that would follow........on places like this forum :D. This is getting ridiculous, I say just let them be. Sorry, there's my rant

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish they would be a little more realistic and admit they are doing it for competitive reasons.

I mean seriosly, I and E is like a cakewalk compared to rehearsal outside during the summer.

I don't agree with you at all. The Cavaliers have consitently competed in I & E Every year for as long as I can remember. It is a great time to show how truly talented member of the different corps really are and a good time for some relaxation for some before the grueling finals schedule starts.

The Cavaliers have been pretty healthy this summer. They are great about watching the boys and making sure they eat enough and rest enough. This flu bug is nothing to play with. Some of the corps ought to be glad they aren't quarantining them like China does to people entering their country.

I don't think they are doing this for competitive reasons, give them a break and see it for what it is, a way to protect their members from a horrible sickness that is fast spreading and extremely contagious.

Edited by artlady

I hereby nominate g0at to take the Cavies back in time a day, have them do I&E, and then pay the medical bills of all the Cavies who get sick.

Dude....you're wrong....flat out wrong. NO corps is obligated to send members to I&E to please you. This ONE corps has managed to avoid the sickness that's hit #### near everyone else. At this point in the season, dropping I&E to protect the members FAR outranks your slams.

Or would you rather had some rookout do I&E, and then get so sick he couldn't march his ageout show???

:devil: to Bruno

:blink: to g0at

As a mother of one of The Cavalier's marching members, I support their decision to not attend I & E. You may be interested to know that they kept to their original practice schedule for the day. At tonight's rehearsal, we were treated to a few of the I & E performances.

As a mother of one of The Cavalier's marching members, I support their decision to not attend I & E. You may be interested to know that they kept to their original practice schedule for the day. At tonight's rehearsal, we were treated to a few of the I & E performances.

Impossible they must have asked you to lie to DCP just as they are. As other posters have pointed out the Cavaliers staff has no concern for their members and are only interested in winning yet another championship.

Seriously though I don't get why people are making a big deal out of this, I don't want to see any holes on their finals tape cause they chanced it going to I&E.

I just wish they would be a little more realistic and admit they are doing it for competitive reasons.

I mean seriosly, I and E is like a cakewalk compared to rehearsal outside during the summer.

First of all, are you kidding me? "Stop hating on them.... really." Get real.,,

Your justification for why it was a good decesion is compelte and utter nonsense.

Let me ask you this: Why should any corps go to I&E? Even if they are sending completely healthy members they run the risk of getting sick. Are you insane? Under these principles no corps should send a single person to I&E.

This is purely a competitive move. They CAN'T implement new changes with members gone. Between the travel time, time at I&E and the return trip it would pretty much keep any new changes from being implemented. It is as simple as that. I love the cavaliers and I think they should have just decided to make this change much earlier. One of my good friends is up in Indy and FLEW in a few days early to see his roommate play.

And once again, he doesn't address the fact that if this were the case all of the competing corps should not attend I&E. This event wouldn't just keep the cavaliers unsafe.

It just points out how ridiculous the notion is.

I have always loved the Cavies. They have always been grade A, a true classy organization.

This statement today just disappointed me. It doesn't make any sense at all.

omg just stop talking PLEASE!

how in the world does this NOT make sense???

it's like 2+2 = 4

some members of some corps have the plague.... some members of the same corps will be at I&E in close quarters with other corps members, Those members may carry the germs and spread them to people who don't have the sickness already, those people will go back to THEIR corps and spread it to all them, then they all have the plague.

doesn't make sense?

really? REALLY??

omg just stop talking PLEASE!

how in the world does this NOT make sense???

it's like 2+2 = 4

some members of some corps have the plague.... some members of the same corps will be at I&E in close quarters with other corps members, Those members may carry the germs and spread them to people who don't have the sickness already, those people will go back to THEIR corps and spread it to all them, then they all have the plague.

doesn't make sense?

really? REALLY??

:laughing:

doesn't make sense?

really? REALLY??

Then why even have I&E? There was concern enough from the Cavaliers to pull their members out. So why wouldn't DCI just cancel it if a member corps had such concerns on member safety? The way you describe their thought process, one would think DCI would cancel the event. Why would DCI risk spreading the "plague"? :laughing:

Oh, and it's not a big deal to me at all. Just found this reasoning odd.

Edited by Feathers Up

Then why even have I&E? There was concern enough from the Cavaliers to pull their members out. So why wouldn't DCI just cancel it if a member corps had such concerns on member safety? The way you describe their thought process, one would think DCI would cancel the event. Why would DCI risk spreading the "plague"? :laughing:

Oh, and it's not a big deal to me at all. Just found this reasoning odd.

I think they probably should have canceled it, and perhaps they would have if they didn't spend so much money on it, they probably don't want it to go to waste?