Another challenge for Blue Crew

Now that I think of it, we were struck with Blue Flu during the 1977 season, on second tour. I had it during the Boise show (DCI West) and it really hit after finals. I remember a team of people scrubbing the busses with Clorox during our next port of call in Lander WY (I think it was).

Talk about triumph over adversity and all that but it still sucked.

regards - Jim

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Dave G.

"Blue Devils took kids to hospital on Tuesday because of a rain delay and we wanted to do a last precautionary and final check to make sure all were well. The hospital overreacted. At the end of the day all kids returned. NO quarantine! ALL kids but one are rehearsing TONIGHT. We will be at FULL strength tomorrow. GREAT rehearsal tonight --- LOTS OF ENERGY!! WOW!! - (Sitting in press box and watching)

Blue Devils have done this week a few times in our history -- no worries!

Pass on to our friends at DCP :-)"

From Dave G.

"Blue Devils took kids to hospital on Tuesday because of a rain delay and we wanted to do a last precautionary and final check to make sure all were well. The hospital overreacted. At the end of the day all kids returned. NO quarantine! ALL kids but one are rehearsing TONIGHT. We will be at FULL strength tomorrow. GREAT rehearsal tonight --- LOTS OF ENERGY!! WOW!! - (Sitting in press box and watching)

Awesome!

Whew, great news! :blink:

Now that I think of it, we were struck with Blue Flu during the 1977 season, on second tour. I had it during the Boise show (DCI West) and it really hit after finals. I remember a team of people scrubbing the busses with Clorox during our next port of call in Lander WY (I think it was).

Talk about triumph over adversity and all that but it still sucked.

regards - Jim

I remember that well and was wondering when someone would bring that up. I was friends with a Blue Devil that year and I was threatened with death if I brought anything back to our corps!

Edited by bearz

From Dave G.

Was just coming to post this ... heard from my son, they had a few sit out rehearsal, but they're just pushing through the rest of the week! I think they've just got it in their mind that we've come this far, we're this close to the finish line! He did say to tell everyone thank you for the good thoughts!

this is too bad. First of all I hope all of the members get healthy, secondly I hope it doesn't affect their competition. Regardless of how we all like to predict and argue, I think we all want a healthy competition (literally) and that everyone is on top of their game. Get better BD!