Terrible Sound in Lucas

The low frequency stuff showed up in the theaters too ... VERY annoying!

...*almost* as bad as walking in front of one of those speaker arrays on the field! :bigsmile::bluedevil: The bass was especially horrible...not *all* groups, but the majority have to learn to configure their sound systems for that venue. In general, ugh...like you say, Jeff, VERY annoying!

cg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it's possible to have a contract with both Bloomington and Indianapolis. Depending on the weather report a week/few days prior, they make a decision to go to to Indy if they need to.

I know...waaaay out in left field, but it's better than being stuck inside all the time.

I'm not sure opening the roof would make it better, but I think we should reserve judgment until we hear that.

I wonder if it's possible to have a contract with both Bloomington and Indianapolis. Depending on the weather report a week/few days prior, they make a decision to go to to Indy if they need to.

I know...waaaay out in left field, but it's better than being stuck inside all the time.

I'm not sure opening the roof would make it better, but I think we should reserve judgment until we hear that.

you switch things that late and you have a lot of ###### off customers

been going to finals for a long time. It sounded fine to me! Also, there was no threat of rain, no wind to hamper the guard, no noise complaints from the neighbors across the street from the stadium (ala Madison) No problems housing the corps, and plenty of room for truck logistics. Warmups did not interfer with the shows either.

I was Skeptical about Indianapolis ,but have changed my mind! I agree with a previous poster that Denver was the best site, all things considered

I don't think you ever will. Indy built this place as an indoor facility with a roof that COULD be opened, but was never supposed to be used that way as a default position. The fact that there's no drainage system in the field means that they have a zero tolerance for rain, and the fact that DCI put the big drop in the background indicates that they weren't really thinking about having the roof open either.

Rhumbline,

Where were you sitting tonight?

MIKE

Very disappointed with this venue. Yes the comfort and amenities are there, but I would gladly sit in bleacher seats at Camp Randall or Bloomington for a purer outdoor sound. Rim shots we're echoing all over, lower brass was muddled if not close to sideline, bass drums were hard to hear at times. I was in the 300 section between the 40 and 45 yard line, up in the pressbox, in the 400 section around the 35 yard line, and finally in the suites. The latter being the best sounding which was still disappointing.

I agree with everyone about SCV sounding the best. Maybe it was because the brass had to play in control and at several times quite subtle. People are talking about the "new" change in visual design by BD being the future, but I think many staff will be seriously considering going soft and refined. For you BOA people, think Lawrence Central type design. This dome is going to change how drum corps play the game.

I apologize for my ranting.

Good call Whiskey,

Are you saddened by this? Will you go back?

MIKE

Closed

They mentioned on the telecast that the dome and windows were closed due to weather. Since there is no drainage, the field can't get rained on.