From 1st to 8th?

somewhat a deja vu for Rick Valenzuela of 2005 seasons. Vanguard went from 3rd to 8th. I really hope that PR would keep most of its staff in tact.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the guard caption head should stay. The deficiencies here weren't all about the design or the staging in the show.

Phantom has some serious decisions to make, they should be quick to move so as to attracted interested parties now.

Two years of this would set them back for 10 years.

Edited by Phantombari1

Don't even start tonight with trolling, or prepare to be either suspended or banned.

The commish has spoken:

goodell-favre.jpg

Tough year for Rockford. Hope they snap back in '10.

Perhaps they should bring back 1812. Spelling out "1 8 1 2" would probably help them move up a few spots!

No doubt. Doing anything like BD is always a step in the right direction.

Meh. I suggested Strauss' Eine Alpinsinphonie several years back and it totally fell on deaf ears. Now that Cavies did a mountain show and ACADEMY did the Strauss, Regiment will never do it.

8th...9th...they seem to sink down there about as often as they challenge for championships. So now that they've gotten both out of their system for a while look for a bunch of 4/5 placements for the next few years.

Gotta learn how to manage a calendar.

Gotta learn that visual is a part of the scorecard.

Nothing new in either of those statements.

I think we can all agree that this show will sound a lot better on cd or iPod than watching it on DVD.

What a summer......!

I'd agree with this.

I know this will probably upset a few people, but I personally don't consider this the biggest drop in history. Last year, with all due respect, Phantom should have been 3rd. Blue Devils and Cavaliers both had better performances on finals night.

I know the crowd wanted Phantom to win. Even I wanted Phantom to win, but after seeing the shows, I knew that BD was the winner last year. And knowing how the judges sheets are set up, that Cavies were in 2nd.

I am starting to see a trend in judging the last 2 years. DCI is treating judging as a financial decision, and no longer looking at the actual product on the field. Troopers this year were proof once again of that. Last year the 3rd place corps finished first,and this year, due to a building storyline, the 15th place corps reaches finals in 12th spot.

Musically Phantom had a very good show this year. The closer was absolutely amazing. One of my favorite musical moments of the year, but visually this show was a wreck. The kids performed well with what they were given, but the design was extremely weak. But when you look at the visual design last year that was subpar compared to the other top 6, and they managed to win with it, what do you expect?