DCI World Class 2009 Finals Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's your friend's word against Pipitone's? What are your friend's credentials, if I may ask? And in those acoustics, could you really HEAR everything from where a field judge may have been to see the problem up close and personal?

Here's a news flash: they had a major battery problem. Only one judge is judging the percussion. That problem was reflected in the percussion tech score alone. (Why didn't JJ "slam" them in perc mus?) Are the pieces starting to come together for you now?

Well your right I guess a whole stadium of people boooing......I guess they had it wrong too! The cadets are not an 8th place corps in anything . Neither is the BD, Crown, Cavies, SCV. This was Mr Pipitone way of fixing the placements of tonights show.

He is wrong and should not be allowed to judge. DCI should hold him accountable. Maybe they should at least look into this and make him justify why he scored them in 8th place? As far as why he hit tech alone is becuase that is how he could get away with it! I am out of here. My freind is a DCA and former DCI GE judge. He even said it was BS!!!! He said the Cadets were on FIRE! He was at the show, You and I were not. I am allowed to make people aware of this 8th place score! Who are you guys kidding?

Just to add my own .02 on the whole "were they booing the Devils or the score" question. There is no question they were booing the score. Strong applause had already started during the beginning of the announcement of their victory (and people were rising to applaud - respectfully - but not in the leap to your feet in excitement type of way). Only when the score was announced did the boos start.

Well, he will be. And the Cadets will remain the 2009 3rd place finishers for all time. But by all means, keep ranting away.

Its not the point.....I am ok with the placements. I really didn't expect anything different. Crown was awesome. The point is only about this score of 8th place! A judge shoule be held accountable. Nothing will change but I sure hope that DCI will not let him judge anymore or at the very least never a championship again! If I were the Cadets I would feel cheated!

Just to add my own .02 on the whole "were they booing the Devils or the score" question. There is no question they were booing the score. Strong applause had already started during the beginning of the announcement of their victory (and people were rising to applaud - respectfully - but not in the leap to your feet in excitement type of way). Only when the score was announced did the boos start.

Ok Thanks!

Wow I lost DCP right around scores time .. thank god for Twitter!!

CONGRATS BLUE DEVILS! ... I LOVE YOU MATT V.C. (yep, that's my son!!)

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Send a congrats to Matt for me also...they did a great job!!!

Did you even read my last post or did you just quote it for effect? Nobody can have a perfect season and score 100's across the board at every show. They had a snare drummer FALL during the show. I don't know about you but if the dude that I'm marching next suddenly isn't there anymore and is rather on the ground I'm going to be at least a little bit distracted. The Cadets got exactly what they deserved.

A bit distracted? I'd be totally effed up for the rest of the show! Me, and nine others too. Heck, the tenors and the basses too if they saw it. Drum corps is a big mind game and most can handle little distractions, but a fall, that's a mind blower. A real shame too.

Nice show HNC. Welcome back to drum corps after a three year absence.

Edited by Timing Gun

"Neither is the BD, Crown, Cavies, SCV." - Benchmark

That's where you shoot yourself in the foot. Every corp can't be first. Someone has to be last and this was a highly competitive year. I'd personally like to know why he would fix the standings like this like you claim he did.

And for the record, I would love to know what a GE judge knows about the intricacies of percussion. The Cadets as a whole might have been on fire but it only takes one to ruin it for many.

I just hope that DCI will look at this.....I am done ranting. This was a great season with some great shows. I am looking forward to next year.

J.J. Pipitone deserves to be fired. He should never judge again under any circumstances. To take a corps that was in the top 3 in percussion and then change the entire placement single handed is an outrage. These judges and DCI need to know that the fans don't appreciate such dishonestly!!!!

Congradulations to the BD and CC for a great season. The Cadets were outstanding tonight and one judged denied them of 2nd place! Shame on DCI for allowing this to happen!

JJ Pipitone is always a judge that you can count on to be fair and consistent, and has the respect of his colleagues and the drum corps community alike. Something had to happen on that field tonight that would cause him to score as he did. In addition, percussion has been the weakest part of their corps the entire season.

You are discrediting both corps for what they achieved this season. You should just shut up.